AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'd think they could see that the players were not happen with the system they were being made to play or they hated the negative football they had to play..
Judge the players once we get an attack minded coach in.
When they were missing sitters against Newcastle, it was not the system.
When Lloris, Dawson, Kaboul and Vertonghen took turns having brainfarts against City, it was not the negative football they had to play.
The players aren't faultless.

You seem to think our club will or should implode over this decision, where as I believe it will improve.

Time will tell, but personally I dont foresee any players being kicked out, and board members resigning any time soon.

If the players "loathed" AVB as you put it, then Im glad Levy backed them, and not him.

Cool if you don't expect better from Spurs players than choosing when to perform and when not to, but I will never condone that behaviour.

Whoever they are they can fuck right off, be it my favourites like Sandro, Hugo or Jan or be it players less gifted.

Meanwhile, Tottenham academy coach Bradley Allen believes Villas-Boas paid the price for Tottenham's inconsistent home form.

"With the amount of money that was spent in the summer, Tottenham supporters and certainly the owners expected a more progressive start to the season," said Allen.

"The away form has been very positive but some of the disappointing performances and points they have dropped at home could be the reason [for the sacking].

"On their travels Tottenham have been set up to be very solid in the centre of midfield and counter-attack.

"At home they haven't been free-flowing like the Tottenham sides of old. It has been laboured and staid at times.

"Ultimately, it has cost the manager his job."

Cool if you don't expect better from Spurs players than choosing when to perform and when not to, but I will never condone that behaviour.

Whoever they are they can fuck right off, be it my favourites like Sandro, Hugo or Jan or be it players less gifted.

I believe they were confused and restricted by AVBs game plan, and many didnt have the ability to play the way he wanted them to.

I dont believe for one second they went on some kind of strike, and didnt try. I believe their moral is 6ft deep, and they couldnt lift their heads up.

The manager couldnt either, therefore he was fired.

I believe they were confused and restricted by AVBs game plan, and many didnt have the ability to play the way he wanted them to.

I dont believe for one second they went on some kind of strike, and didnt try. I believe their moral is 6ft deep, and they couldnt lift their heads up.

The manager couldnt either, therefore he was fired.

"Morale"?

I bet that is why Dawson spent his time letting little Aaron Lennon mark at least two players in the 6 yard box for Sterlings goal or why Dembele did not track Hendersons runs, then.

I very much agree with you, however, that they didn't have the ability to play the way he wanted them to. Which is why they will not have the ability to play like any of Laudrup, De Boer, Hiddink or other progressive coaches would want to them play like.

Kind of brings me back to my original point - what will happen then? Will "morale" go tits up again?

Screaming of denial when people would rather blame a squad of players than question AVB.

He's being set up to be a martyr by some who seem happy to ignore all our failings this season just because if we gave him enough time we'd win the league..

Exactly.

Without trying to drag this on people seem to forget how lucky we were to finish in a Europa League spot last season. The "record points total" was irrelevant, without Bale we'd have finished behind Everton.

Last edited:
Which is why they will not have the ability to play like any of Laudrup, De Boer, Hiddink or other progressive coaches would want to them play like.

Kind of brings me back to my original point - what will happen then? Will "morale" go tits up again?

It depends if other progressive managers play to the players strengths or not I guess

It is getting pretty ridiculous now with the amount of spurs managers Wenger has faced during his time at Woolwich. I've lost count tbh

Back
Top Bottom