AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if its a system that requires him to cover Dawson?
There's another thing I hated watching AVB teams.

Persisting to play someone like Dawson, who was blatantly not good enough nor suited the system.

Should have been consequent and insisting getting him sold or at least loaned out and found a new long term club captain.

I thought exactly the same thing...and rightly so.

Sad to think there are Spurs fans out there though that will hold grudges, and demand certain players never play again, on the back of AVB being fired. Shocking.

Sad to think out there people were on AVB's back since day one, digging their claws in at every opportunity.

And you're telling me you'd be happy letting a player who let down hundreds of thousands people down to get their way?

That is a tactical issue, which still doesn't except professional footballers for giving the fans the finger and stop trying.

But as I said, I dont think thats the case....maybe we should leave it as we believe different things about the players and none of us for sure what went on, and will not change the others mind..

When they were missing sitters against Newcastle, it was not the system.
When Lloris, Dawson, Kaboul and Vertonghen took turns having brainfarts against City, it was not the negative football they had to play.
The players aren't faultless.

The players weren't motivated, it's the managers job to motivate them.Exactly the same was said at Chelsea.

You're being horrible to out players, that makes you a troll.. Or is it just when you don't like the manager?

Btw my issue with the players now is not getting AVB sacked.

I too was sceptical of him.

My point is that they can bring themselves to do so at all - and that nothing will stop them doing so for the next manager. And the next after him.

Such arseholes have no place at Tottenham Hotspur.

But as I said, I dont think thats the case....maybe we should leave it as we believe different things about the players and none of us for sure what went on, and will not change the others mind..

Perhaps so. I will be following their public interviews for the next weeks very closely, that is for sure.

AVB? Well firstly after pissing off the entire British Sports Press for his treatment of the CFC old chums club, he will never manage succesfully in England again. Secondly, as a young manager he will need to adapt his ideas or see his career fade already.

Sammy should apply for the new position. He seems to have it all figured out. Give him a crack, can't be worse than half-man half-owl

Haven't read any. Could you give me some examples?

Yes

I would like to see the names of those players and have the publically shamed. And then flogged in the jan transfer window.

and

Half of them gave up yesterday. In fact, not just for our sake but for the sake of players like Holtby.who worked their asses of only to be let down by the pricks around them. I don't care if it's half the fricken team!
We are Tottenham Hotspur and we should not be a manager merry go round or a place for mercenaries. We are supposed to be the team in London that is good. So I want the wankers gone, away from our beautiful club before it's ruined.

Yes

I would like to see the names of those players and have the publically shamed. And then flogged in the jan transfer window.

and
Half of them gave up yesterday. In fact, not just for our sake but for the sake of players like Holtby.who worked their asses of only to be let down by the pricks around them. I don't care if it's half the fricken team!
We are Tottenham Hotspur and we should not be a manager merry go round or a place for mercenaries. We are supposed to be the team in London that is good. So I want the wankers gone, away from our beautiful club before it's ruined.

Brilliant attempt at trolling.

You said

"... Sad to think there are Spurs fans out there though that will hold grudges, and demand certain players never play again, on the back of AVB being fired. Shocking...."

which is not what I commented on at all. Rather my comment was not on defending AVB from sacking but rather the unprofessional behaviour of stopping trying - and perhaps even knifing the manager - because of managment conflicts, tactical issues and so forth.

That however, you were ever so sly to disguise, by cutting out the rest of my post.

As for the second quote, the other poster clearly slags a few certain someones for not trying (which is blatantly true when watching the game) - not because he wants to defend AVB particularly.

Sad to think out there people were on AVB's back since day one, digging their claws in at every opportunity.

And you're telling me you'd be happy letting a player who let down hundreds of thousands people down to get their way?
Think back to the first 5 games under AVB, and tell me what was different - aesthetically to the last 5.
A lot of people raised doubts at the time and got shouted down, yet nothing really changed, he just became more and more exposed as the likes of Hull and West Ham showed out how to make a mockery of his tactical acumen and team playing system.

Just because you and a lot of other people were blinded by the sharp suits and BS about the tactical wonderboy, the evidence was there on the pitch from the get go, Bale just pulled a massive veil over things by digging the team out - time after time.

Stop trying to justify the choices you made - and accept that you were duped by the spin and hype.

avbgifv8fn1.gif

I'll miss the cute little cunt

You telling me that when Bale ran over to AVB to celebrate that goal you didn't feel good about being a Spurs fan? there was no hint that we might be seeing the start of something special developing, with those two as the central figures? It's easy to say in retrospect that we were never gonna hold on to Bale but at that point in the season nobody here was seriously considering the prospect of him leaving anytime soon.

I am telling you that yes I was ecstatic because we had just won but there wasn't a single iota of me being that thought we were witnessing the start of something magical. Bale was always destined for bigger things. Bale papered over a massive number of cracks and we were lucky to have him last season.

Brilliant attempt at trolling.

You said

"... Sad to think there are Spurs fans out there though that will hold grudges, and demand certain players never play again, on the back of AVB being fired. Shocking...."

which is not what I commented on at all.

How will they play again for us if we sell them in January?

Its all there in print. You trolled yourself mate....you claim its nothing to do with AVB, yet you want them sold because you think they purposely played shit to get him fired.

:defoe:

If it makes you happy, I will take AVB out of it. Both comments are still pathetic.

How will they play again for us if we sell them in January?

Its all there in print. You trolled yourself mate....you claim its nothing to do with AVB, yet you want them sold because you think they purposely played shit to get him fired.

:defoe:
No.

I want them sold, because they are unprofessional and displayed a conduct you wouldn't see at Mourinhos league winners, Fergies league winners or even Wengers league winners.

That is the crux point you fail to grasp in your all out hatred to AVB - this is not about him.

I am not defending him. I am attacking our players and the way they epitomize everything wrong with modern day player power and really just modern football at all.

Back
Top Bottom