Bale on Football Focus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On BBC at 11:45.

Garth Crooks reportedly asked him "Will you review your position at Spurs if we don't make Champions League? Bale to Crooks:'long pause'..."We'll see."

:bmj: :joejordan:

Agreed, but if he hands in a transfer request i'll be furious.

He needs to have a chat with Rafa, he's openly said that if we don't get top four then its the players fault and for Bale to want out after having a very average second half of the season drifting around doing very little would be outrageous.

CJM said:
Agreed, but if he hands in a transfer request i'll be furious.

He needs to have a chat with Rafa, he's openly said that if we don't get top four then its the players fault and for Bale to want out after having a very average second half of the season drifting around doing very little would be outrageous.

Did he say that this season?

I know some quotes about last year but haven't seen anything from Rafa recently.

Blanchflower said:
I still can't believe Redknapp didn't put van der Vaart in the Europa squad - what the fuck was he thinking?
Wasn't there a worry about vdV's fitness?

I think at the time I rationalised it thus: Redknapp knows vdV wants to play every conceivable minute available, but he'll never last with all these fixtures, so I'll disable his participation in some fixtures a priori.

Of course, that assumes Redknapp knows about rotation.

He didn't have to pick him for every game, but why risk upsetting him by leaving him out entirely?

He didn't even call him ahead of the squad announcement to tell him......if Redknapp is supposed to be a good man manager I'd hate to see a bad one

Rafa can say that because he has already played at Real Madrid. Bale has it all in front of him, so not the same situation. Not disputing he has to look at what he could have done better for the club, but I wouldn't expect him to have the same grounded perspective as Rafa.

Back
Top Bottom