Bale on Football Focus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How hard is it to shut the fuck about this for four more weeks. Then you can make the stink and bother. No need to distract at all from what we need to do with transfer nonsense.

Smoked Salmon said:
What this proves is that until we are CL regulars and credible title contenders we will remain a stepping stone club. That's why it makes me laugh when some fans declare "I don't care about CL, give me one glorious FA Cup win in 20 years and I'm happy". Said breed of fan does not seem to realise that having better players ups your chances of winning said competitions, and better players want to play in the top competitions. If you aren't in the top competitions, said players fuck off or look elsewhere - and guess which fans then start complaining about lack of loyalty the instant a star name wants to leave? ;)

I don't know if I'm exactly that breed of fan - I do care about the CL - all fans want to be in the CL and it's irritating when good players leave, but as a supporter, I don't need the Champion's League and I don't need great players (although I want them). As Spooky tweeted a few weeks ago, I get all I need from football whatever happens. I'll support Spurs even though we're not the best team in the world. It's nice that we're slowly getting better, but I would still enjoy supporting Spurs even with 'only' one glorious FA Cup win every 20 years. Football's more enjoyable that way.

I've no issue with what Bale's said. He hasn't really said anything wrong, just the final sentence which has been blown way out of proportion in order to make a story.

I feel sorry for Bale because in every interview he faces he gets questioned on his future, a future that is specifically away from Tottenham. I've lost count of the amounts of times I've heard Gareth say 'I'm still a Tottenham player and I'm just enjoying my football at the moment.' He says again during this interview that he's still a Tottenham player.

Not sure how much more we can ask from him. If he professes his undying loyalty, he's a liar. If he's honest and says that he'll be discussing his future then he's an ungrateful mercenary. If he say that he wants to leave the club, he's a cunt. No matter what he says he can't win.

I'm just happy that Bale's a Spurs player for the time being and I expect that we can hold onto him for one more season.

:bale:

RP- said:
I've no issue with what Bale's said. He hasn't really said anything wrong, just the final sentence which has been blown way out of proportion in order to make a story.

I feel sorry for Bale because in every interview he faces he gets questioned on his future, a future that is specifically away from Tottenham. I've lost count of the amounts of times I've heard Gareth say 'I'm still a Tottenham player and I'm just enjoying my football at the moment.' He says again during this interview that he's still a Tottenham player.

Not sure how much more we can ask from him. If he professes his undying loyalty, he's a liar. If he's honest and says that he'll be discussing his future then he's an ungrateful mercenary. If he say that he wants to leave the club, he's a cunt. No matter what he says he can't win.

I'm just happy that Bale's a Spurs player for the time being and I expect that we can hold onto him for one more season.

:bale:
Well said.

If Lennon and modric scored goals like bale and vdv then we would be in the 3rd place.

If our defenders didn't give away stupid goals we would be in 3rd place.

If bale plays on the left all the time he can easily be marked out of the game, I'm sure he only roams around because that's what Harry tells him to do.
I don't have a problem with him wanting to play CL football, our managers tactics have been more at fault in us failing to get Top4 than Gareth Bale.

Fact is he will only leave if Levy agrees. Probably next summer if he doesnt sign a new contract. Modric will go this summer, no way bale as well.

RP- said:
What about "I'm not here to talk about my future, i'm here to talk about the next game/Tottenham/whatever subject"? I just wish everyone at Tottenham would keep their fucking mouths shut until at least the end of the season. Redknapp especially. It's not good for morale to have players saying they're considering their futures, the manager always commenting about how some players may be leaving etc. etc.

Really erks me this shit does.

They would already be champions league qualified if they, himself included didn't completely bottle it. The players have to take their share of the blame for what's happened.

I can understand a player wanting out when they have cleary outgrow the side they play in, but that's not the case. Talent wise were right up there, and missing out on CL will be something they should take responsibility for, not get the hump and leave. Just do your fucking jobs, if you do/did the rest takes care of itself.

To then turn around and spout shit like this is bang fucking out of order.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is confident Gareth Bale will remain at the club this summer if they fail to secure a Champions League spot.

Spurs looked odds-on to finish inside the top four in the Premier League at the turn of the year, but a recent poor run has seen then win only two of their last 10 league fixtures.

Bale, 22, has long been linked with a move to European giants Barcelona, and it was reported on Saturday he would consider leaving White Hart Lane were he not playing in the Champions League next year, something Redknapp has played down.

"He has got to worry about that at the end of the year," he said.

"He has got a long contract at the club, I don't think he will be going anywhere, he isn't going to find too many better clubs than Tottenham."

QPR boss Mark Hughes, who moved to the Nou Camp as a youngster, said last week he did not feel Bale was ready to move abroad and Redknapp echoed those sentiments following Spurs' 2-0 win over Blackburn.

Redknapp said: "I don't think he is a boy to go abroad at the moment.

"The first opportunity he gets he goes home to his family in Wales so I don't think he is a boy who would be suited to go abroad at this stage of his career.

"I think this is a great club for him to be at and you can't be letting Gareth Bale go, he is the future of the club."

The 65-year-old Redknapp believes Bale would remain at the club even if he were to depart in the summer to take over as manager of England.

"I think the chairman would want to keep him and you need to keep your best players," he said.

"We need to strengthen the squad in the summer there is no doubt about that, two or three quality players if you want to push on next year and mount a challenge."

all this bullshit about bale getting marked out of the game is absolute fucking bollocks.
if bale was half the player he thinks he is it still wouldnt be a problem.
look at this video of arjen robben, sure its a few years old but does he complain about getting "marked out of the game"
of course fucking not ... HE BEATS ALL HIS MARKERS AND FUCKING CROSSES A BEAUTY OR SCORES HIMSELF!!!
sometimes as many as 4 markers!!!
bale has become nothing more than a self righteous cunt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... x6LzMY_jyY

It can be grating hearing Redknapp saying '3-4 quality players' he said that in the January transfer window, in fact he said we wouldn't be signing anyone unless it was a superstar player....Saha and Nelsen aren't even superstars in their own fucking house.

I wish I had the ability to switch off and not think about who we are or aren't, who we might or won't sign but I can't.

durbanspur said:
all this bullshit about bale getting marked out of the game is absolute fucking bollocks.
look at this video of arjen robben, sure its a few years old but does he complain about getting "marked out of the game"
of course fucking not ... HE BEATS ALL HIS MARKERS AND FUCKING CROSSES A BEAUTY OR SCORES HIMSELF!!!

You're quite funny. Or stupid. I can't figure it out.

SpursUltra said:
durbanspur said:

You're quite funny. Or stupid. I can't figure it out.

i know you cant judge a player on youtube vids, but lets be honest bale needs to come back down to earth and do the job he is paid to do.

Back
Top Bottom