Bale on Football Focus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got beaten to it, I just wanted to say about the:

The left-sided midfielder told BBC's Football Focus: "If we don't [qualify for the Champions League], I have to discuss what's best for myself."

Yeah, sticking to the fucking left is best for you, you chimp-faced cunt.

Not really bothered by what he said, we all knew he felt like that. He's got got a contract till 2015 so either we'll sell £40-50m (which we'd have probably done anyway) or he'll still be here next year, and considering Barca reported £16.5m valuation, I'd wager the later.

A bit annoyed we've got to put up with the bad PR though, are players not supposed to have 'handlers' in these interviews to direct them? Seems a little amateur, a jounalist for the Standard even pointed out how unusual it was in an interview with Saha yesterday

What strikes you immediately about Louis Saha is that he is happy to be interviewed alone. It is rare indeed to speak to a player from a top club without an agent, PR manager or advisor also present and Saha’s attitude is as refreshing as his willingness to discuss topics ranging from racism to homophobia to the French presidential election
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/louis-saha-strikes-out-7684479.html

Thanks for that Saha link. He had an interview in a recent So Foot I considered translating parts of and putting up on here, but then I gave the issue away as a gift. Oops.

Abbey Yid said:
Got beaten to it, I just wanted to say about the:

The left-sided midfielder told BBC's Football Focus: "If we don't [qualify for the Champions League], I have to discuss what's best for myself."

Yeah, sticking to the fucking left is best for you, you chimp-faced cunt.

Wish Crooks had asked him about the whole left side thing - hate these tame arse interviews.

Éperons said:
Thanks for that Saha link. He had an interview in a recent So Foot I considered translating parts of and putting up on here, but then I gave the issue away as a gift. Oops.
He comes across very well, if you think about the likes of Saha, Ekotto and even Adebayor, the foreign footballers are so much more articulate and honest then their British counterparts. Maybe the way our media operates makes it impossible to say anything other then the most bland cliche. If you consider this reaction has sprung up from a slight noncommittal statement Bale made in an interview you can understand why I suppose

I don't like the idea of him leaving, but I don't really have a problem with him wanting to "review his position" at the end of the season. I do that at least yearly at my job. If he doesn't act like a shit about it (Modric), it's fair. If Redknapp (if he stays) and Levy want to keep our best players, I don't think it's out of line for the players to at least discuss expectations and transfer plans with them so the players understand the plan. If Levy is smart, he does that.

Do I want Bale to leave? No. Do I wish he wouldn't say things like this? Yes. Is it okay with me if he touches Thelonious' bum? Yes.

We always knew he wasn't going to be here much longer, but figured he's stay at least a couple more seasons. Here's hoping he listens to Hughes.

Bale's problem is that he has too quickly believed his own hype and become arrogant. But he is still too young and has yet to learn that hype really means nothing unless you keep delivering the goods. Let the hype go to your head and you try less because you think you are better than the man on the other side "just because". For this reason Bale would come crashing down if he transferred to a Spanish club now. He needs to be more mature in his game. Once has have done that, only then do I think he can go on to these other clubs and be successful.

Exactly. Just settle down Gareth and don't get too ahead of yourself.

A naive young chap like youself wouldn't last two minutes coping with the culture, language, and increased expectations / 'pressures' of a move to one of the Spanish big boys. Bloody relax, learn your trade, enjoy your football and, most important of all, realise your strenghts / where you're most effective and stick to the fucking left!

As much as it is part and parcel of football these days that players with a whiff of talent will fuck off elsewhere, I hate that feeling of being held to ransom. I'd just rather know then having that gut aching feeling of aren't they are they? Fucks me off and turns me against them normally, hi Redknapp/modric/Berbatov etc

GodSaveTheKing said:
As much as it is part and parcel of football these days that players with a whiff of talent will fuck off elsewhere, I hate that feeling of bring held to ransom. I'd just rather know then having that gut aching feeling of aren't they are they? Fucks me off and turns me against them normally, hi Redknapp/modric/Berbatov etc
What this proves is that until we are CL regulars and credible title contenders we will remain a stepping stone club. That's why it makes me laugh when some fans declare "I don't care about CL, give me one glorious FA Cup win in 20 years and I'm happy". Said breed of fan does not seem to realise that having better players ups your chances of winning said competitions, and better players want to play in the top competitions. If you aren't in the top competitions, said players fuck off or look elsewhere - and guess which fans then start complaining about lack of loyalty the instant a star name wants to leave? ;)

Smoked Salmon said:
Bale's problem is that he has too quickly believed his own hype and become arrogant. But he is still too young and has yet to learn that hype really means nothing unless you keep delivering the goods. Let the hype go to your head and you try less because you think you are better than the man on the other side "just because". For this reason Bale would come crashing down if he transferred to a Spanish club now. He needs to be more mature in his game. Once has have done that, only then do I think he can go on to these other clubs and be successful.

Agree nearly entirely with this post. The only thing is that Bale doesnt strike me as arrogant.....more naive.

The way he celebrates with us, and the way he speaks is actually quite sincere. Everything else though I think is bang on.

Back
Top Bottom