Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There have been a couple of occasions where he has dived or 'gone down' and not when he is at full pelt or taking drastic action...The bloke takes a kicking every game so I can understand his evasive action but it should be acknowledged that he has taken a couple of soft ones.

He is physically a different proposition from two years ago and it is true that the finer tuned you are the more you can be prone to injury so for him to remain fit for as long as he has is testament to him and our fitness department.

What he can achieve is scary; he has so much to learn still that you wonder just what his limitations are - perhaps Ronaldo type statistics are beyond him but that wouldn't be a criticism.

Ronaldo is famous for being one of the most driven people in football. Bales got to go some to be half as good as he is. That said, if we have a player half as good as Ronaldo I wont be complaining.

Also, Ronaldo can do anything with both feet. Bale's attempt at a right footed cross last night somehow won him a penalty. Not that thats a bad thing mind...

Ok he dives at times and that is frowned upon by lots of football fans , but i know that players like him that scare opponents and cant be stopped at times have to endure hit after hit. He has taken the fair share of it in recent years and i believe he now knows (as he states in the interview) that it is important to avoid or evade those tackles.

I remember Zidane even put out a page wide ad in Italy asking the league , fans and players to lose the nasty and dirty tackles when he was at Juve.

I think these ilk of players dive to get back at their opponents , ah so you think hurting me is a valid tactic ... well eat a pen , or have a card shoved up your ass you bunch of butchers

At least he does not kick out or get a red card for revenging himself , i have played as an AM all my life and if you come up against the butcher players that just keep on kicking , hitting and making all kinds of nasty gestures its easy to lose your head and do a Zidane on them.

Noticed the man boy stayed on his feet yesterday despite the efforts of Andy Wilkinson and Palacios, is it me or did he go on a tour of the grounds again? Seems on three occasions he and Benni could not decide who was the one to run the left side at times. Just glad to see him not doing Shakespearean roles against Stoke.

I guess everyone saw how mr Bale hardly ran today? anyone have any ideas on why this is so? my personal hypothesis is that he's getting injections to manage pain from a knock... that or he simply doesn't care anymore, which would be a damn shame...

Kalyl said:
I guess everyone saw how mr Bale hardly ran today? anyone have any ideas on why this is so? my personal hypothesis is that he's getting injections to manage pain from a knock... that or he simply doesn't care anymore, which would be a damn shame...
my guess is he had like literally no space. he was marked by ramires and the rb the majority of the game

YidoBuckler said:
Audere said:
He's still our best player.

No he isn't, Modric is.

No Modric isn't. Modric is a wonderful player who pulls the strings but he is not a game changer.

If you want an analogy I will offer Scholes and Ronaldo for Manure.

Modric is not our best player. VDV is more important than Modric ffs.

Goals win games not 3m passes. This is not to belittle Modrics contribution to us because I love and appreciate him.

I hope the the rat faced deserter stays.

I'd argue it goes 1. Modric 2. VDV 3. Bale 4. Ade and maybe 5. Lennon. Those are the only players that are key to how we play, and all of them, including probably Lennon, are needed in the team. If we're missing any of the 5, it's pretty obvious we miss them.

Dr. Filth said:
I'd argue it goes 1. Modric 2. VDV 3. Bale 4. Ade and maybe 5. Lennon. Those are the only players that are key to how we play, and all of them, including probably Lennon, are needed in the team. If we're missing any of the 5, it's pretty obvious we miss them.

Huh?

I would say any manager in world football bar Ronaldo's or Messi's would have Bale from us if they had first pick. They would be fools not to. There is no one in world football like him.

A string puller like Modric is rare but hardly gold dust. Hudd for us did it whilst Modders was finding his feet. I love Modric abilities and appreciate him but lets not over evaluate him.

Bale is special. No question. When he gets the ball from his own penalty box he can score. Modric cant.

Kalyl said:

Ive noticed this as well, I think he must be nursing an injury. He looked a bit scared to fully open his legs and run at defenders. I remember Chris Coleman said when he became Wales manager that Bale regularly sits out of training sessions and has to rest due to playing so much. Rotation is key.

Back
Top Bottom