Ballon d'Or

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not really following what he’s done this year but is Messi really deserving of an 8th?

Bump btw

Won the World Cup, Ligue 1, & Trophee des Champions, got the World Cup Golden Ball, won FIFA Men's Player 2022, broke many World Cup records; the oldest man to ever score 5 goals at a single World Cup first to score in every round, most minutes played in World Cup history, most appearances and broke another record by becoming the all-time top scorer in Europe's top five leagues.

21 goals and 20 assists in 40 games at club level. 17 goals and 5 asissts at international level.

It's always been a popularity contest though to be fair

Hell, he may even win. He's going to get 60 in all comps at the rate he's going

No one playing in the Bundesliga is going to win a ballon d'or without winning a domestic treble.

I think it'll likely go to Bellingham if anything

Won the World Cup, Ligue 1, & Trophee des Champions, got the World Cup Golden Ball,
True
won FIFA Men's Player 2022,
Winning a different award shouldn’t matter at all
broke many World Cup records; the oldest man to ever score 5 goals at a single World Cup
Shouldn’t matter that he’s the oldest or whatever. Ballon d’or is for best player, not best old player
first to score in every round, most minutes played in World Cup history, most appearances and broke another record by becoming the all-time top scorer in Europe's top five leagues.
These are career awards. Not for the current year, which is what this award is supposed to be for.
21 goals and 20 assists in 40 games at club level. 17 goals and 5 asissts at international level.
PSG and MLS

Won the World Cup, Ligue 1, & Trophee des Champions, got the World Cup Golden Ball, won FIFA Men's Player 2022, broke many World Cup records; the oldest man to ever score 5 goals at a single World Cup first to score in every round, most minutes played in World Cup history, most appearances and broke another record by becoming the all-time top scorer in Europe's top five leagues.

Sounds like an lifetime achievement award lol.

Winning Ligue 1 with PSG is not that impressive but his world cup run was magical.

Don't know if he deserves it though. If i'm going to give it to someone I think De Bruyne really deserves it.

10 goals and 32 assist with the treble win. Man City doesn't look the same without him.

That's because this is the original photo...
CQS3hvHWcAAChVQ.png:large
James…..well out of date.

Sounds like an lifetime achievement award lol.

It pretty much is.

He's the best of all time. And he can't really win it again now he's in America.

This is voted by the players. Like I said, it's basically a popularity contest. Many people within the game realise just how special that WC run was and that was their mind made up.

Winning Ligue 1 with PSG is not that impressive but his world cup run was magical.

Without that World Cup run, I don't think he wins it though personally.

No one playing in the Bundesliga is going to win a ballon d'or without winning a domestic treble.

I think it'll likely go to Bellingham if anything
Bellingham?!?! no way, he hasn't won anything to win a Ballon Dor.

Bellingham?!?! no way, he hasn't won anything to win a Ballon Dor.

2024 Ballon d'or mate.

I think Real Madrid could quite easily win the Champions League. He's already having a record breaking season for the biggest club in the world and if England go far, even potentially win the Euros than I'd say he was a guarantee.

He's the talk of the town, players will hate playing against him but love playing with him and once you've got a hype machine behind you, you're on your way.

Kane has no chance. Bundesliga is seen as a bit of a joke league. Same reason why no one from Serie A will win the award either. You have to really go above and beyond (treble) to really have a shout. Lewandowski came close (and tbh probably should have won)

I think Real Madrid could quite easily win the Champions League. He's already having a record breaking season for the biggest club in the world and if England go far, even potentially win the Euros than I'd say he was a guarantee.

He's the talk of the town, players will hate playing against him but love playing with him and once you've got a hype machine behind you, you're on your way
Maybe next year if he wins it but def not this year.

Kane will win it based on the fact he left us to win it!!*

Nailed on!

...either that, or it'll be Messi/Ronaldo/Mbappe/Neymar/Puskas/Pele again!

* Edit; seems like he's not in the Top 10 after all... :kanehand:
Ah well... Next year when he's rewarded for his 100 goals in a season for Bayern!

Kane will win it based on the fact he left us to win it!!*

Nailed on!

...either that, or it'll be Messi/Ronaldo/Mbappe/Neymar/Puskas/Pele again!

* Edit; seems like he's not in the Top 10 after all... :kanehand:
Ah well... Next year when he's rewarded for his 100 goals in a season for Bayern!
It will really depend on how he performs in the UCL.. so far 3 games, 2 goals and 2assist which is pretty great.

But we all know who Harry is...... how he tends to shrink as the pressure amounts. We will see when he gets to the knockout stages.

Last edited:
At least that’s the last one for Messi.

Sadly it’ll turn into Haaland vs mbappe every season instead of recognizing that there are many other positions on the pitch other than the guy that scores the goal.

Hopefully Bellingham can get it if he keeps this up.

At least that’s the last one for Messi.

Sadly it’ll turn into Haaland vs mbappe every season instead of recognizing that there are many other positions on the pitch other than the guy that scores the goal.

Hopefully Bellingham can get it if he keeps this up.
Mbappe is so ahead of Haaland. Haaland is the most overrated player imo. I know he gets goals but none of them are really created. He needs good service to be lethal.

Mbappe on the other hand is just different animal.

Last edited:
Mbappe is so ahead of Haaland. Haaland is the most overrated player imo. I know he gets goals but none of them are really created. He needs good service to be lethal.

Mbappe on the other hand is just different animal.
Haaland at least plays in a top league.

Mbappe plays in a one team league where PSG outspends the entire rest of league combined.

I agree mbappe is probably better, but he needs to get out of France to test himself a bit more.

Haaland at least plays in a top league.

Mbappe plays in a one team league where PSG outspends the entire rest of league combined.

I agree mbappe is probably better, but he needs to get out of France to test himself a bit more.
He has been trying to get out of PSG for the past 2 years.... that is why he is not signing a new contract because he knows PSG wont let him leave.

Back
Top Bottom