Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Bayer Leverkusen play with incredible intensity and there are interesting similarities to Spurs because they press hard and are stacked with players who are comfortable on ball".
I guess it will come down ti the individual battles and mistakes. Reading this, Janssen has to play, we will need an outlet up front for the longish pass. A draw for me, not sure if we have the energy for a win?

This is a great opportunity for Dier to clear his mind and have a good game.. Son and Janssen should be up for it. Hopefully we get things right and give a good account of ourselves.

Arrived in Leverkusen

It's very small

Anyway- does anyone Know did Rose travel? Really want to see him tonight

You think people on their forum are saying "Son to score for sure"

Not that I see. They are stressed that this is a must win - even a draw and they think they are headed to the EL at best.

Also, lot of respect for 90,000+ in Wembley when they come to London later on. Tottenham is a "public operation, like Leverkusen" as compared to some other global clubs.

"Having said that, the way they let CSKA Moscow back into the game (a 2-2 draw after leading 2-0 at home in MD1) will be a huge disappointment for them. They had total control and somehow threw it away. There is a sense that they can find ways of not winning, that’s the cliché if you like about Leverkusen, but there is an element of truth in it.”"

So they're actually a bit Leverkuseny...

Does anyone else get the shivers when the teams come out with the champions league theme blasting. It really gets to me, every time!!

No, I really don't. (and not wishing to sound all hipster or Man City about it) I think it's ridiculous they've tried to instill this Anthem on us, as if the Champions League were an actual Nation (which I'm sure it will be once Nike, Adidas and UEFA get their heads together) ...it's a glorified theme tune... nothing more.

Then again, I used to get misty-eyed and emotional whenever the theme from M*A*S*H was on, so yeh!

I'd rather MacNamara's Band... though I realise that wouldn't have any relevance for the other 31 clubs taking part!

Presume the squad fly out tonight as they do not usually fly on the day of the match so they can train at the ground. Squad will be interesting!

Doubt it... they'll all be on their iPads with their headphones in... boring as hell!!

(Though Walker might bring bring along a 'My First Numbers' feely-book to liven things up a bit!)

Just out of interest... how many Spurs fans are expected to be there tonight??
(seeing as it sounds like it won't be a sell-out... I hope/assume the away end will be!)

Back
Top Bottom