Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a feeling he’s going to get a lot of minutes in the next couple of weeks—Reggie will be in Jose’s doghouse for a bit after that idiotic Christmas picture.

Agreed. The only problem he has is consistency, but you would be hard pressed to find a second option in the PL as him.
We had another in Trippier, until we gave him the limelight and it all became a bit too much for him.

Davies is the same. Play him week in week out and we'd quickly lose patience, but keep him off the spotlight, and he quetly does a great job.

Ben Davies is a fine player to have in the squad. Total pro with bags of experience. I reckon we will see him more central now.

I see him play for Wales in a back 3 years ago and since then have always insisted that is his best position. He's having a really good season so far I think it looks to be like his best one with us if he Carrys on like this.

He flies a bit under the radar, but only 5 players in our team played more minutes this season than him.

And if he is not playing he is nerly always on the bench. Only Hart has been in the squad as often.

He flies a bit under the radar, but only 5 players in our team played more minutes this season than him.

And if he is not playing he is nerly always on the bench. Only Hart has been in the squad as often.
He also seems to be Jose's option for third/fourth captain behind Hugo and Harry. He's been captain in all the EL games I believe including the qualifiers and in a few cup games as well.

I figured it would be Dier given that honour but Ben seems to have leapfrogged him in regards to that.

He had a solid game yesterday and that's fine for me but it was his man that scored, imagine if that was Aurier! This place would have lit up like a torch with the usual suspects flying towards the flames like moths drawn to light.

And some numpties are blaming Dier for it.

It was Davies man that scored and he lost his header but if Dier were a bit more alert he could have covered for his mate and headed it away before it got there. Unfortunately he misread the flight of the ball. We also let the cross come in totally unchallenged. So a bad goal to concede in every aspect.

With 3 central defenders you should never concede this type of goal.

He's a good squad player and that's about it
Start him in the cups and the EL but maybe not a starter in the Premier league.
Important player for the squad though

Solid yesterday but obviously him/Dier at fault for their goal.

It was Davies man that scored and he lost his header but if Dier were a bit more alert he could have covered for his mate and headed it away before it got there. Unfortunately he misread the flight of the ball.
Dier was marking their fella in the box.
There was no pressure on the cross
Davies misread the flight of the ball, so much so that he didn't even make a real effort to jump for it.

Have a look at this and pause it at exactly 1:16 and you'll see that Rodon, Dier, Davies and Reggie (?) are all in the perfect positions for defending.
Roll it on and you'll see that, firstly, it was a quality cross and secondly that Dier didn't misjudge anything.

I've never been his biggest fan but I think he's had a really good season so far and by far the best season he has had for us since he's been here. Back 3 left cb is his best position imo.

Back
Top Bottom