Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because he's been elevated amongst the God's, why do you think they're looking up? : ostrich:

Damn... That has a habit of happening to our players.......

tumblr_pi3b7yGO1K1taqf28_540.jpg

Is it true Davies went to Levy insisting Nuno be sacked.

Not so Gentle Ben
We'll never know but the story is that Nuno created a "b team" for the conf league games, which included Davies, Bergwijn, Winks etc. and they were not happy about it.

Davies supposedly spoke up cos it caused division in the team.

We'll never know but the story is that Nuno created a "b team" for the conf league games, which included Davies, Bergwijn, Winks etc. and they were not happy about it.

Davies supposedly spoke up cos it caused division in the team.

Where'd this bubble up from?

Not heard this til now?

He's not a bad guy, but he's a whiny prick.
Hes barely getting chances to play even when he does well. Itd be fine if he left but wouldnt call it whiny. Apparently Davies also whined at levy about his manager earlier in the year(if i read billybob's post correctly). Whoever doesnt get to play, always whines.

Hes barely getting chances to play even when he does well. Itd be fine if he left but wouldnt call it whiny. Apparently Davies also whined at levy about his manager earlier in the year. Whoever doesnt get to play, always whines.
None quite as publically as Bergwijn. It's not like he's not had his chances to stake starting spot under Mou, Nuno and even Conte.

Moura is a donkey and he should have been pretty easy for him to disloge him from the starting 11.

Anyway, my point is that Dier and Davies, despite whatever complaints they may have had, or how close they were to getting the boot, have paid their dues as backup/rotation players, and still been leaders in the team.

None quite as publically as Bergwijn. It's not like he's not had his chances to stake starting spot under Mou, Nuno and even Conte.

Moura is a donkey and he should have been pretty easy for him to disloge him from the starting 11.

Anyway, my point is that Dier and Davies, despite whatever complaints they may have had, or how close they were to getting the boot, have paid their dues as backup/rotation players, and still been leaders in the team.
Not a big fan of the Ds but to be fair to them , you are right, they did pay their dues. Not that Bergwin didnt, those 2 goals vs leicester were difference between CL and finishing behind arse. I cant get myself to have anything bergwin anymore.

Hes barely getting chances to play even when he does well. Itd be fine if he left but wouldnt call it whiny. Apparently Davies also whined at levy about his manager earlier in the year(if i read billybob's post correctly). Whoever doesnt get to play, always whines.

Dier and Davies, despite whatever complaints they may have had, or how close they were to getting the boot, have paid their dues as backup/rotation players, and still been leaders in the team.

Winks has paid his dues too. but for such crimes he became one of the most vilified and abused players of recent times.

"rat cunt champo wanker" etc.

........I can smell hypocricy in the air.

Winks has paid his dues too. but for such crimes he became one of the most vilified and abused players of recent times.

"rat cunt champo wanker" etc.

........I can smell hypocricy in the air.
Not me. I've been angry at him for shit performances, but I've always wanted him to do well, never joined in on the "leaker", "rat" or whatever that guy with the bulldog profile pic used to call him.

I've said it many times, Winks just isn't good enough but he's come through the academy and he tried his best, the insults were over the top. He's not an Ndombele, I never questoined the effort.

Wales player ratings as Tottenham star shines yet again and Ampadu excels in middle vs Belgium​

This is how we rated Rob Page's men during their Nations League match with Belgium at Cardiff City Stadium

By
Mathew DaviesFootball audience editor
  • 21:42, 11 JUN 2022

Ben Davies - 8 - STAR MAN

Superb against Ukraine and the Netherlands, he was similar here again. Produced an excellent block on Batshuayi to keep the scores level at the break. Alongside his defensive duo, was cut in two by the Red Devils' goal. Subbed.

Surely him or Dier are Captain material one day...?

I'm not against Hugo per se, I'm just not a fan of a GK Captain.... (although it didn't do Dino Zoff or Gigi Buffon any harm!!)

Surely him or Dier are Captain material one day...?

I'm not against Hugo per se, I'm just not a fan of a GK Captain.... (although it didn't do Dino Zoff or Gigi Buffon any harm!!)
Dier is probably already third captain as things stand. And I could see Ben, Son and Hojbjerg being the fourth option with Ben just squeaking it out on seniority.

So good at interceptions now. Shame he's a bit poor on the ball and can't win those back post headers from left wing crosses.

Back
Top Bottom