Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the money has gone to charities for years now. Niall Quinn started that. Still a great thing to do though and a lovely tradition.

It's often the only chance the fans have to say goodbye to players.....

Dawson, Jan, Dembele, Hugo and no doubt others all left without farewell(*).

(*Yes, I realise Jan & Moussa didn't clock 10 years, but...........)

For the Welsh disallowed goal last night, how could Ben’s hand have been offside?
GJsD3gbWwAA_y_Q

They drew the line from his knee

I hope so.

You sense a large degree of common sense, empathy, intelligence, dependability and leadership in his person, albeit lacking as a top level player. Let's see if he can build on a career in management, if that's what he wants. He's also eloquent enough to possibly have a media career, assuming he can transpose what he knows to what we can see.
Eloquence and media are chalk and cheese

Eloquence and media are chalk and cheese
True, and if you have it you're almost guaranteed a job-for-life. It would be nice to have eloquence and the ability to tell me something I can't obviously see / don't know. A Michael Johnson for football would be great.

Like a younger Jamie Redknapp you mean?

I like Ned Onuoga on R5, too calm and considered for Sky / BT hyperbole tho
Onuoha is excellent, both on radio and telly. I can't say I recall Redknapp ever being an analyst of note, at any age.

Very few good ones around, certainly from the ex-footballer genre. But I would guess the majority of viewers (and therefore TV platforms) don't want journalists, but as you say, rather the big name.

Onuoha is excellent, both on radio and telly. I can't say I recall Redknapp ever being an analyst of note, at any age.

Very few good ones around, certainly from the ex-footballer genre. But I would guess the majority of viewers (and therefore TV platforms) don't want journalists, but as you say, rather the big name.
Was joking re: Redknapp, can’t stand him

Paul Robinson is ok

I figured there was irony in your message.

Robinson is OK, and there are others. But jobs for the boys, along with the ticking of correct social boxes will be around for a good time yet.
I mean yes - are there any token female analysts that add anything? Hayes was good at tournaments but the commonly used ones are simply terrible and a parody - Alex Scott over Ohunua as an example? Proper LOLZ

Back
Top Bottom