Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eloquence and media are chalk and cheese
True, and if you have it you're almost guaranteed a job-for-life. It would be nice to have eloquence and the ability to tell me something I can't obviously see / don't know. A Michael Johnson for football would be great.

Like a younger Jamie Redknapp you mean?

I like Ned Onuoga on R5, too calm and considered for Sky / BT hyperbole tho
Onuoha is excellent, both on radio and telly. I can't say I recall Redknapp ever being an analyst of note, at any age.

Very few good ones around, certainly from the ex-footballer genre. But I would guess the majority of viewers (and therefore TV platforms) don't want journalists, but as you say, rather the big name.

Onuoha is excellent, both on radio and telly. I can't say I recall Redknapp ever being an analyst of note, at any age.

Very few good ones around, certainly from the ex-footballer genre. But I would guess the majority of viewers (and therefore TV platforms) don't want journalists, but as you say, rather the big name.
Was joking re: Redknapp, can’t stand him

Paul Robinson is ok

I figured there was irony in your message.

Robinson is OK, and there are others. But jobs for the boys, along with the ticking of correct social boxes will be around for a good time yet.
I mean yes - are there any token female analysts that add anything? Hayes was good at tournaments but the commonly used ones are simply terrible and a parody - Alex Scott over Ohunua as an example? Proper LOLZ

Why wouldn't we keep him for another year? He is a great asset to the club as well as the team. When his contract runs out he is a free agent, he could come back or move on depending on the situation. There would be no shortage of takers if he decides to move on a free.
I don't have a problem with it personally but I think we'll be looking to replace him.

Davies is and has been a great asset to us. Deserves to stay around and provide cover but I agree with others that we need to find someone that suits the Angeball system better. We've been considerably worse without Udogie at times this season.

Back
Top Bottom