Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was interviewed after the Wales game during which Poch's departure was announced.
Said Poch would move onto bigger better things etc.
Unfortunate choice of words but the kind of thing many would say about their boss in another situation if they liked them.
Really don't think he meant to diss the club/fans although the powers-that-be possibly (and if he was it really wouldn't say much about his ambition would it?!)

He was interviewed after the Wales game during which Poch's departure was announced.
Said Poch would move onto bigger better things etc.
Unfortunate choice of words but the kind of thing many would say about their boss in another situation if they liked them.
Really don't think he meant to diss the club/fans although the powers-that-be possibly (and if he was it really wouldn't say much about his ambition would it?!)
I agree. But still, not exactly endearing yourself t o the fan base ,eh?

What was he supposed to say then? That he hopes Poch burns in hell?

Don't be fucking ridiculous.

Are you seriously suggesting that the only two things that Davies could possibly have said were either that Pochettino will go on to bigger and better things or that he hopes he burns in hell and he had to choose between one or the other??

I resent it when a player who recently the captained the side comes out with a fucking stupid and thoughtless comment like that.

And yes, it did make me want to do to Davies what Mackay did to Bremner.
I can only imagine what you'd want to do to the club captain if he ever got done for drink driving, said he wanted to leave the club and couldn't jump properly.

Don't be fucking ridiculous.

Are you seriously suggesting that the only two things that Davies could possibly have said were either that Pochettino will go on to bigger and better things or that he hopes he burns in hell and he had to choose between one or the other??
What he could mean is that Poch is a great manager who will in the future go on to win things. Thus it would be bigger and better as he never won anything with us. No matter what club he's at. Or. more likely as everyone has said, it was just a generic phrase said in the moment by accident. No need to get riled up.

Yeah, a throw away phrase. He's not sitting at his laptop paying careful attention to every word. He's just wishing Poch all the best.

Wonder how he'll fare under Jose.

Back
Top Bottom