Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Certainly isn't a wing back, that's for sure.

He had a 55% pass completion today, I believe. Which is just piss poor.

He is so bad that makes Danny Rose look good .
Quite an achievement .
I think you might be forgetting Danny’s last few games.

Ben was anonymous today - but name the players that didn’t hide? I don’t think they targeted him, given the gift of an unproven RB and a ‘legs-have-gone’ Vertonghen.

Disappointing all around - better with a weeks rest, I’m sure.

And, please, no more 3 CBs - it doesn’t work with the players we have.

I think you might be forgetting Danny’s last few games.

Ben was anonymous today - but name the players that didn’t hide? I don’t think they targeted him, given the gift of an unproven RB and a ‘legs-have-gone’ Vertonghen.

Disappointing all around - better with a weeks rest, I’m sure.

And, please, no more 3 CBs - it doesn’t work with the players we have.
"today"
He is a black hole

He is OK defensively but he offers absolutely zero in build up, pressing and the final third.

He should be a back up at best. (which is what he was bought for, until someone thought it would be a good idea to sell our starting left backs and make him the number 1 choice)

"today"
He is a black hole

He is OK defensively but he offers absolutely zero in build up, pressing and the final third.

He should be a back up at best. (which is what he was bought for, until someone thought it would be a good idea to sell our starting left backs and make him the number 1 choice)
He is defensively solid, which is what’s needed? The issue today was the press which nobody could get out from (same as Wednesday). In an ideal world, I agree, we’d have more all-round ball-skills in the back line but you have to play with what you have. He’s the best option at LB that we currently have so everyone slagging him when he’s done nothing ‘wrong’ seems a bit scapegoatish as he didn’t make mistakes and - as you rightly say - nor did he bomb up and down making killer crosses - but that’s not his job. His ‘black-hole’ performance is symptomatic of a squad on their knees. If you want a proper WB, then blame Jose - clearly Ben was not supposed to be doing that today.

Not interested in arguing, just fed up of reading posts (not necessarily yours) moaning about players clearly trying their best and coming up short on the day (Danny included).

"today"
He is a black hole

Unfair criticism when he is being deployed to 'stay back'.

Rose went to shit and his attitude stinks... He needed to go.

Back
Top Bottom