Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember that Liverpool game where got tore a new one by Mane. How time flies, he's fast becoming one of my favourites players. Both by his performances and his professionalism.

His intercept header of the Moses ball was pivotal in the Eriksen goal. Sure, Moses ball was shit, but I was still impressed.

I have nothing but utmost respect for the guy.

As said - he is not as flashy as Rose (well with anything rly, incl hairdo and general looks), but he delivers well as much as Rose does. I don't know if that has a name or not, but same implies for players like Zaha, Townsend and few more - fast, flashy and in centre of attention but offer little end product. Still highly regarded at some point due to "flashyness".
!

off topic but you think Zaha does not offer end product?

The Eagles have lost all of the Premier League games they've played without Zaha so far this season

Crystal Palace have earned 1.43 points per game when Wilfried Zaha has started this season. That record would see them seventh if he had started all of their 31 games so far.

Zaha has failed to start ten Premier League games this season. Palace have lost all ten, scoring goals at a rate of 0.4 per game and conceding them at a rate of 2.3 per game. They have only lost five matches in all competitions (23) that he has started this season, and the last league match the club won without him was in September 2016 against Sunderland. They’ve had three new managers since then.

Damn lies and statistics etc but

"There is competition for places everywhere but everyone wants the best for the Club," said Ben.

"Whoever is on the pitch for a particular game, it’s about supporting them and wanting the best for the team.

"You saw Harry on the bench when we scored the second goal at Chelsea, a huge goal and it was as if he’d scored the goal himself. I’m sure he was devastated he couldn’t start a game like that but that’s irrelevant when the whistle goes at the start of the game because it’s about Tottenham Hotspur, not the names on the teamsheet, but winning the game for the Club, no matter who is there".

"We all want the best for this Club as does everyone involved and if you are not on the pitch or on the bench and not playing, it doesn’t matter, because every player is there every day and as much part of the team as the players who play most weeks. Without them, it doesn’t work, we don’t have the same training, the same intensity and that’s the feeling we have throughout the squad. That’s been huge this season.

"Everyone is settled and that shows on the pitch in our performances - everyone wants the best for this Club.

"The emotions at Chelsea when we scored the goals, after the game, that was real. This is our team. This is what we want to do. It’s one Club, players, staff, fans and everyone has one goal and that’s to push us forward and wins like that make it feel all the more special."

QYyA.gif

DaBZ-ujVMAAi0Zp.jpg

Last edited:
"There is competition for places everywhere but everyone wants the best for the Club," said Ben.

"Whoever is on the pitch for a particular game, it’s about supporting them and wanting the best for the team.

"You saw Harry on the bench when we scored the second goal at Chelsea, a huge goal and it was as if he’d scored the goal himself. I’m sure he was devastated he couldn’t start a game like that but that’s irrelevant when the whistle goes at the start of the game because it’s about Tottenham Hotspur, not the names on the teamsheet, but winning the game for the Club, no matter who is there".

"We all want the best for this Club as does everyone involved and if you are not on the pitch or on the bench and not playing, it doesn’t matter, because every player is there every day and as much part of the team as the players who play most weeks. Without them, it doesn’t work, we don’t have the same training, the same intensity and that’s the feeling we have throughout the squad. That’s been huge this season.

"Everyone is settled and that shows on the pitch in our performances - everyone wants the best for this Club.

"The emotions at Chelsea when we scored the goals, after the game, that was real. This is our team. This is what we want to do. It’s one Club, players, staff, fans and everyone has one goal and that’s to push us forward and wins like that make it feel all the more special."

QYyA.gif

DaBZ-ujVMAAi0Zp.jpg
The guy speaks like he came up at the club rather than at Swansea. Like a captain

I’m sure he was devastated he couldn’t start a game like that but that’s irrelevant when the whistle goes at the start of the game because it’s about Tottenham Hotspur, not the names on the teamsheet, but winning the game for the Club, no matter who is there"
He gets it...

And you just know he is being totally sincere.....how could you not love him?

QYyA.gif

DaBZ-ujVMAAi0Zp.jpg
Are you reading danny? That’s how an interview should be you ungrateful weasel

QYyA.gif

DaBZ-ujVMAAi0Zp.jpg

They mentioned this on the pod, but I didn't realise the full extent of his quotes.
Wow. I loved him before, but damn Ben.. what an amazing quote and insight to our team. Brilliant.
giphy.gif

They mentioned this on the pod, but I didn't realise the full extent of his quotes.
Wow. I loved him before, but damn Ben.. what an amazing quote and insight to our team. Brilliant.
giphy.gif
But whisper it. A lot of people have already made their mind up on Kane only a few days later with his desire at wanting to claim a goal that has been proved to be rightfully his....

Biggest improvement is his aggression this season, I think we all forgot we got him as a 21 year old starting left back who all teams were looking at, imo will continue to get better, 6 assists and 2 goals is a great return.

Looked to be tiring out the last few months playing so often for us.

The goal against Huddersfield was an absolute beauty.

Back
Top Bottom