Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Extremely arguable. Pass was not perfect, but with all the room he had, PEH should have done much better. He just mistimed the touch and let it pass him by. Fairly routine ball control for most midfielders.

2:39.

gundogan steps into the passing lane so PEH steps back to create the angle for davies, davies hasnt read the situation and has played the ball to where PEH was standing before gundogan moves to cut it off.

its on davies, PEH has to move because gundogan is stepping up to try and cut the angle off, instinctively PEH sees that so creates a better angle for the pass . at the top top level its little mistakes like this that can cost you massive and it has, weve ended up having a player sent off because of it.

2:39.

gundogan steps into the passing lane so PEH steps back to create the angle for davies, davies hasnt read the situation and has played the ball to where PEH was standing before gundogan moves to cut it off.

its on davies, PEH has to move because gundogan is stepping up to try and cut the angle off, instinctively PEH sees that so creates a better angle for the pass . at the top top level its little mistakes like this that can cost you massive and it has, weve ended up having a player sent off because of it.

Unfortunately the video does not open where I am at.

But look - I am not saying that the Davies pass was inch perfect. Just that most of the passes during the game are not perfect. Receiver of the pass can adjust and amend those imperfections. PEH tried to do it in this instance as well but was unable to get any touch at all. It is not like it was uncontrollable and whipped at extreme pace.

I stand by what I said - most technically capable midfielders in PEH position would have taken it down, controlled the ball and maintained the possession.

I think he gets a bad rap at times. Since Conte has arrived he’s probably been our most consistent defender (Romero has a far higher ceiling but has more off days than Ben). Did very well for the goal, I’d have him as our first choice LCB and ahead of Sessegnon for LWB. Good squad player.

I think that's got to be up there with one of his best full back/wing back performances surely. Excellent assist today and worked tirelessly down the wing.

After 152 pages, everyone knows what they’re getting (and not getting) from Davies. The thread should only exist to comment on his current match day performance.

Today: Very good with an excellently timed run and a perfectly weighted pass for an assist.

He's our James Milner. Not flashy, but very effective whenever he's called upon.
Haha, was just driving home and this thought occured to me as well. Not as bad as 37yo Milner, more like the 33yo Milner who gave Liverpool 6 or 7/10 every week whether played lb, rb or cm.. with maybe one pretty bad game in every ten-twelve. (Which is true for most pro footballers.)

It does say alot about our wing back problems on the left when Ben Davies puts in one of our better performances from that position.

Thought he was good tbh. Relatively solid defensively, as you'd come to expect from him and put in a good shift down that left offensively too.

When Perisic came on West Ham suddenly had a massive threat down that flank and Perisic was fortunate not to be sent off. I'd keep Ben Davies at LWB for the next game for sure. Best LWB defensively, and not too shabby with that forward run and assist for Emerson's goal.

When Perisic came on West Ham suddenly had a massive threat down that flank and Perisic was fortunate not to be sent off. I'd keep Ben Davies at LWB for the next game for sure. Best LWB defensively, and not too shabby with that forward run and assist for Emerson's goal.

Fine with that, but no damn Lenglet at LCB....... Anyone with quality will destroy him and let's be honest the Chavs do have individual quality even if they are a mess atm.

Emerson / Romero / Dier / Sanchez / Davies

Feels a little conservative, but our strength and depth is in attack so it's fair to expect them to step up and deliver.

Fine with that, but no damn Lenglet at LCB....... Anyone with quality will destroy him and let's be honest the Chavs do have individual quality even if they are a mess atm.

Emerson / Romero / Dier / Sanchez / Davies

Feels a little conservative, but our strength and depth is in attack so it's fair to expect them to step up and deliver.

I couldn't think of anything worse than Sanchez at LCB

Back
Top Bottom