Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

300th game today and what a game to have for the milestone. The bloke doesn't have big pace and doesn't have glistening technique, but his positioning and football IQ really shines in games like these. Was always in the right spot defensively, like an extra centre back, but also popped up in space on the left going forward multiple times and motors ahead at the right moments.

Proper professional and great squad player for Spurs over the years.

300th game today and what a game to have for the milestone. The bloke doesn't have big pace and doesn't have glistening technique, but his positioning and football IQ really shines in games like these. Was always in the right spot defensively, like an extra centre back, but also popped up in space on the left going forward multiple times and motors ahead at the right moments.

Proper professional and great squad player for Spurs over the years.

Another match another solid performance. Not flashy, no headlines - Just does the job well. Others have said it before, but I think he has a future as a potentially top manager should he choose to go that route.

Some very poor passing in the final third, but he does seem to understand the game at a high level, even if his feet don't always do what he wants them to.

As far as Davies goes, I'd like to see

Emerson / Romero / Dier / Davies / Davies

But until we cannot deploy him in LCB and LWB at the same time (what a pity) then Sanchez is a better option there.

Please no. I’m not a total Sanchez hater but him on the left would be an absolute disaster. I’ve gone back and forth on Davies over the years but in our current system he’s a real asset. Our best LCB and has looked pretty solid at LWB. Most talk about upgrading LCB but I definitely think CCB should be the priority.

Back
Top Bottom