Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Down the list of priorities this summer, but moving Davies and Sess on and getting a back up for Udogie that fits Ange’s style is low key important.

Because he’s old and his fitness levels aren’t high.
hes way out of his depth at this level. having the likes of him or dier out there just kills the side completely. he misjudged two long balls ffs and they bounced over him for ayew whos not the sharpest knife in the draw. really poor. wont start again thank god.

He's always been an average/poor left back. He had a use on the left of a back 3 but now in an attacking side He's just not up to the job especially now seeing what Udogie provides for us in that position.

No.... He hasn't.

Udog is #1..... Davies doesn't magically get worse because of how goof Destiny is.
Imo he always has been. He was number 2 to a far superior rose and number 2 to a far superior Udogie. I don't think he has the attributes at left back. I will say though that I think he is a good left centre back in a back 3 but out left he's always been average to me.

Strikes me as the type that could do a very good coaching job if he wanted to. Seems a real thinker

The move away from a back 3 will really hinder his game time and his effectiveness too ofc

There are several London clubs that could use him so he wouldn't have to move family. Maybe the sort that could come back to the Academy?

Strikes me as the type that could do a very good coaching job if he wanted to. Seems a real thinker

The move away from a back 3 will really hinder his game time and his effectiveness too ofc

There are several London clubs that could use him so he wouldn't have to move family. Maybe the sort that could come back to the Academy?
Move family?!? These sheep shaggers are proper weird aren't they :avbnaa:

Move family?!? These sheep shaggers are proper weird aren't they :avbnaa:
If he gets to be Freeman of the City it would make it easier to join a Sarf London team

He'd be able to drive his sheep over London Bridge obv

th.jpg

Imo he always has been. He was number 2 to a far superior rose and number 2 to a far superior Udogie. I don't think he has the attributes at left back. I will say though that I think he is a good left centre back in a back 3 but out left he's always been average to me.
I’m not even sure he’s an average left back. He’s poor

Good player at LCB and even LWB

Lost five simple aerial headers in a row, that’s simply unacceptable at any level and easy to see why he was so quickly hooked

It's time to get KWP from Southampton, can play both left and right as an inverted full back, homegrown and one of ours, a good replacement for Ben and will push Porro and Udogie.

He did a very good job when he filled in for Rose for a year+ and until U-dog debuted has proved better than anyone we'd brought in since he was signed.

Is he as good as we want for our outright #1? Perhaps not; but to go as far as calling him "poor" as you initially did is grossly under-appreciating him.

Been a great signing and has proven a perfectly good back-up LB.

He should always have been a sub but made his way into the first team because of our poor recruitment imo. As a sub, he's been plenty decent enough over the years. A few nightmare games but he's helped us way more than hindered us and I think the vast majority of us admire his get-on-with-it no whining attitude.

When he leaves, he goes with my thanks.

I find it difficult to diss Benny. He’s been a solid, if unspectacular, player for us over many years.

Now is probably time for him to move on. He’s fully COYS in my opinion and he might easily end up back at the club in the future in a similar way to Daws or something.

Down the list of priorities this summer, but moving Davies and Sess on and getting a back up for Udogie that fits Ange’s style is low key important.
I would say it's extremely high priority. Davies and Sess haven't been good enough for years.
Sess has never been good (or available) enough.

He should always have been a sub but made his way into the first team because of our poor recruitment imo. As a sub, he's been plenty decent enough over the years. A few nightmare games but he's helped us way more than hindered us and I think the vast majority of us admire his get-on-with-it no whining attitude.

When he leaves, he goes with my thanks.
This sums up our decline from a once strong position.

We went from a back 4 of Walker, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen and Rose, to Aurrier, Dier, Sanchez and Davies
And it probably got worse for a while.

And that sort of decline was all over the pitch really. Winks and Sissoko in midfield instead of Dembele and Wanyama. Imagine a fit Dembele and Wanyama against Liverpool in the final.

Back
Top Bottom