Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still plenty to learn but what he does he does well, not flamboyant, does his job at the back with a good engine to get up and down the pitch, contributes to the game and maintains the back line with good positioning.
100% improvement on Danny Rose

:freund:

can he cross worth a toffee or is he another head down hit it and hope merchant?

It's nice to see we appear to actually be addressing our main weakness first and foremost for a change.

can he cross worth a toffee or is he another head down hit it and hope merchant?

It's nice to see we appear to actually be addressing our main weakness first and foremost for a change.

Quite the opposite of a hit and hope merchant. His passing is very forward and accurate, which is undoubtedly why Poch singled him out given his love of the vertical ball.

just watched that on youtube lol

seems pretty raw and was given the run around abit but looks a strong lad and not overly attacking, don't think he made a single cross in the video or ventured past the halfway line much

tbf Napoli are no mugs and it did look like they were targeting him abit, what's the odds of us ever signing Hamsik lol

Last edited:
just watched that on youtube lol

seems pretty raw and was given the run around abit but looks a strong lad and not overly attacking, don't think he made a single cross in the video or ventured past the halfway line much

No, but Swansea also don't shrink their field like we and Saints did, and Napoli was on the front foot for most of that game. He apparently creates a chance every 95 minutes to Rose's 135 (which could mean as much as the ball stays on the field more often), so even if he doesn't get forward as much at least he's more efficient.

Swansea just signed a left back...

bill.gif

I'm a bit unsure about Davies, although he would fit our player signing profile for Levy. I don't see how he significantly improves us at LB.

One thing's for sure if we sign him, we won't be keeping hold of him, Rose and Zeki to cover LB next season.

I'm a bit unsure about Davies, although he would fit our player signing profile for Levy. I don't see how he significantly improves us at LB.

One thing's for sure if we sign him, we won't be keeping hold of him, Rose and Zeki to cover LB next season.

Zeki looked to have promise at CB too and I doubt Rose will like getting pretty much demoted after being a starter last season. One of them will more than likely go out on loan at the very least unless Zeki is viewed as a 4th choice CB and Rose doesn't mind playing second fiddle or is up for the fight.

I know very little about Davies and that video posted earlier didn't do a whole bunch to impress me. He didn't look very out of the ordinary. However, I suppose Rose looks unordinarily bad every time he plays, so I guess ordinary is an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom