Best formation with what we have

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son is not and never will be a striker.
FFx8ftRXEAM7YRn

With everyone fit (haha) and no January signings:
Im going 442

..............................…...Gaz

Aurier.................Toby........Sanchez...........Davies

Moura.............Ndombele....Sissoko.................Son

................................Dele.....Kane

More bodies in the middle, less clutter up top.
Basics

Maybe we should try a Leicester approach and pass over defences for Sonny to run on to. Him and Kane up front. With the latter injured, perhaps a return for Llorente?!

He will wield whatever axe he needs to in order to get it right.

One thing that worries me more than any formation is our players absolutely appalling ball control.
We are a disgrace in possession with a bit of pressure on us
I wish i could believe that. But a new contract for Vertoghen or Dier would indicate the opposite

We can replace Jan tomorrow, there is no needfor a new contract for someone so obviously done
Maybe a new contract gives the players the belief to play for the club instead of not giving a toss where we finish because they’ll be off?

And the chance to recoup some money..theres a thought.
I think some of you got comfortable with players being outcasted and not heard of for years under the old regime.

Why not try and make the best of a bad situation? More fool anyone who thinks Jose’s gone soft.

Maybe a new contract gives the players the belief to play for the club instead of not giving a toss where we finish because they’ll be off?

And the chance to recoup some money..theres a thought.
I think some of you got comfortable with players being outcasted and not heard of for years under the old regime.

Why not try and make the best of a bad situation? More fool anyone who thinks Jose’s gone soft.
He already has. Like i said 80k per week for Toby was more than enough, 150k is beyond crazy. A contract for another who cant run would be suicide. Jan should be thanked and let return to Ajax. Our defence is shit enough without guaranteeing its shitness long term

———————————-Lloris
Foyth———Alderwiereld——-Sanchez——-Davies
——————Ndombele———Dele
——-Moura—————-Son————-Sessegnon
———————————Kane

----------------Lloris------------------
Foyth---Toby----Sanchez----Davies
---------------Dier--------------------
Sissoko----Ndombele-----------Son
-----------Kane----Dele-------------

Dele swapping 9 with Kane, either going back for balls and making runs and space for each other. Sissoko covering slightly more offensive RB than Davies and running at 1/2 defenders at most, not 4 like he does in midfield, also his lack of technique can be hidden a bit. Ndombele as Sissoko in midfield, but with actual brain and incisive passing. Son explains himself, same as Davies. I don't rate nor trust Aurier, so I prefer Foyth's flops, hoping he can learn something and be better in future, as he shows some decent skills on ball and thinking, while Aurier seems a bit brainless and totally unprofessional. Dier because we need DM, while the only other option is Skipp, who gets no trust from 2nd manager, so I trust them not to trust him. We have never seen him playing 5 straight matches, and going from bench is totally different, as we can see from likes of Lucas or Eriksen. Dier needs to get replaced asap anyway.

A few things

1. I would drop Kulu into a 3 man midfield where his ball control and artistry can have more effect.
2. I would tell Romero to stop wandering off.
3. Maybe also Moura to RWB.

3-5-2. But with the wing backs pushing forward, Bergwin needs more playing time but he isn’t replacing Kane or Son yet.

Kane needs to play that #10 role permanently and we need to move Son to striker

This will be the key to unlocking both of their full potential

Kane as a out and out #9 is next to useless, particularly on our team

Its irrelevant with our mentality. Formations don't lose games like they did today but weakness of mind does.

Today showed us everything that we have become.

Newcastle, Villa and so called lease clubs would have beaten United today.

37 year old scoring a hat-trick against.us. My God the shame.

Back
Top Bottom