Best world 11 in your lifetime?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buffon
Cafu Maldini Puyol Carlos
Modric Keane
Bale Zidane Ronaldinho
Ronaldo

I don’t know how much defensive work the front 4 would do, but scary going forward. Neymar is probably better than prime Bale but I just don’t like him. I could have gone for more defensive minded full backs but always enjoyed watching them play for Brazil.
As for the best 11 of all time the AC Milan side that lost to Liverpool was pretty special, as of course were numerous Bayern, Barcelona and Madrid sides.
Didn’t put in the likes of Maradona as I didn’t get to watch him in his prime.

Dasayev

Jorginho
Hierro
Maldini
Lizarazu

Mattheus

Messi
Ronaldo
Zidane

Van Basten
Fat Ronaldo

Subs
Pfaff
Mabbutt (has to be included)
Michel
Koeman
Xavi
Shearer
Van Bommel

Kahn
Cafu Maldini Ferdinand Carlos
Figo Zidane Viera Giggs
Ronaldo (C) Ronaldo (fat)

Or

Schmeichel
Lahm Stam Chiellini Thuram
Iniesta Keane Modric
Totti Messi Kaka

Cafu was massively underrated. Shout out to the laudrops, Zlatan, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Nedved, Henry, Weah, and many others

The number of people writing Salah is perplexing. Unless you started watching football in 2010 he can hardly be regarded as a legend. Great player, but nothing more.

The number of people writing Salah is perplexing. Unless you started watching football in 2010 he can hardly be regarded as a legend. Great player, but nothing more.

I honestly think he's the best right winger in PL history. Aware it's controversial or whatever, but the numbers he puts up are silly. Already ahead of guys like Bale and Hazard for me, and if we're discounting Messi, what right wingers recently are ahead of him? Robben? Not for me.

He gets 20+ goals a season and a bunch of assists every year from out wide and in his first Liverpool season had 32 league goals. Looks set for a similar season this campaign too. Absolutely bangs them in during the CL as well.

Most Liverpool fans would say he's already a legend, I'd imagine. Best player in a league/cl winning team.

Can't believe nobody else seems to have selected Gerrard. If ever a side was a one man team it was Liverpool for years. He was mediocre for England but for Liverpool he was ridiculous year after year, no matter where they played him. Seemed to also score a goal of the month contender every month too.

Back
Top Bottom