Bezos Incoming

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazon just have nothing to gain from this. They’re one of the biggest companies in the world. The only reason they’d do it is as a vanity project.

I doubt there are many people in the developed world who haven’t heard of Amazon.

Same with Nike.

And also, why the fuck would a company want their name plastered on a stadium that belongs to a team who wins fuck all and loses to teams like Middlesbrough.

And also, why the fuck would a company want their name plastered on a stadium that belongs to a team who wins fuck all and loses to teams like Middlesbrough.

Agree, this is why Levy is such a drain on us. It's very clear he's a tangibles man, see's us as having 'made it' now we have the infrastructure, utterly lost on him that the cameras still just show THE PITCH...

Yeah I'm sure top tier companies are really interested in getting their name out there to FC Tbilisi in the UEFA Conference league group stages. Considering we couldn't secure this when we were a CL team, gonna go ahead and say I'm doubtful now we're one who hope for Europa League football.

We could certainly do with the money though, considering the lack of owner investment.

Yeah I'm sure top tier companies are really interested in getting their name out there to FC Tbilisi in the UEFA Conference league group stages. Considering we couldn't secure this when we were a CL team, gonna go ahead and say I'm doubtful now we're one who hope for Europa League football.

We could certainly do with the money though, considering the lack of owner investment.

No, you're seeing it wrong. It was the pandemic that stopped everyone seeing the quality. Wait until Nike execs see Axl Rose, just wait...

Would the players get paid or timed when they go for a toilet break?
scared today GIF

The naming rights thing is really quite weird tbh. Seems we’re not really much closer to anything happening than we were when the stadium opened. Feels like ENIC have some arbitrary number in their head and they’re not signing anything for a penny less which is odd but uncommon with them.

not sure how much the naming rights should be, but i think its the 24 other events that are a bigger part of this deal
the football gets a certain group but these 24 other events bring many different eyes/ears to the stadium

Amazon just have nothing to gain from this. They’re one of the biggest companies in the world. The only reason they’d do it is as a vanity project.

I doubt there are many people in the developed world who haven’t heard of Amazon.

Same with Nike.

I thought that too, but then I remembered about all the countries that Bezos could reach with the Premier League. I'm assuming that most places in the world have access to the Premier League and you know that if Bezos sponsored Tottenham he'd be doing his damned best to get every Tottenham game on the Television.

surely who ever goes for naming rights will play hard ball
the team will need to be in CL, in top 4, on TV lots,
the other events we need X amunt of folks watching
we are fishing in small pond for big money
yes our 24 other events give us the edge on teams outside top 4,

This isn’t just about our home matches, there’s concerts, rugby, boxing and talk of the super bowl. Our 20 odd home games a year are important but to a sponsor they’re only part of it.

And come on all you that are turning their nose up at Amazon, is there any difference between him, Russian and Sheikh money? The same people who want us to spend can’t afford to be too choosy about who funds us.

And btw I’ve no idea if it’s true or not.

This isn’t just about our home matches, there’s concerts, rugby, boxing and talk of the super bowl. Our 20 odd home games a year are important but to a sponsor they’re only part of it.

And come on all you that are turning their nose up at Amazon, is there any difference between him, Russian and Sheikh money? The same people who want us to spend can’t afford to be too choosy about who funds us.

And btw I’ve no idea if it’s true or not.
You're right. It isn't just about home matches but seeing as it's a football stadium first and foremost. It plays a major part.

And I certainly wouldn't object to Amazon taking over. Partnering with Amazon would take us up a level overnight. They're obviously not perfect but good luck finding any billion dollar companies that are. Spoiler. They don't exist.

A guy who used to work on our sites quit his job as a labourer to work in an Amazon Warehouse. He started out on a tenner an hour and now earns £18.50 an hour plus overtime rates. He's as dumb as a bag of rocks but works hard and says it's the best job he's ever had. Claims that the reason why people complain about it is largely due to the fact that they're lazy millennials or younger who haven't worked a day in their lives. £10+ an hour is hardly slave labour and certainly can't be mentioned in the same breath as clubs owned by Saudi princes.

The Amazon Stadium
The Amazon Arena
Stadiamazon
Stade de Amazon

Whatever it is, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

You're right. It isn't just about home matches but seeing as it's a football stadium first and foremost. It plays a major part.

And I certainly wouldn't object to Amazon taking over. Partnering with Amazon would take us up a level overnight. They're obviously not perfect but good luck finding any billion dollar companies that are. Spoiler. They don't exist.

A guy who used to work on our sites quit his job as a labourer to work in an Amazon Warehouse. He started out on a tenner an hour and now earns £18.50 an hour plus overtime rates. He's as dumb as a bag of rocks but works hard and says it's the best job he's ever had. Claims that the reason why people complain about it is largely due to the fact that they're lazy millennials or younger who haven't worked a day in their lives. £10+ an hour is hardly slave labour and certainly can't be mentioned in the same breath as clubs owned by Saudi princes.

The Amazon Stadium
The Amazon Arena
Stadiamazon
Stade de Amazon

Whatever it is, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

:levylol:

Nobody thinks leaving it without a sponsor does more for our 'brand'?

The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium being mentioned all the time does more for us when football is being shown (as well as all the other sports and events) than the Amazon Stadium would do IMO.

The naming rights thing is really quite weird tbh. Seems we’re not really much closer to anything happening than we were when the stadium opened. Feels like ENIC have some arbitrary number in their head and they’re not signing anything for a penny less which is odd but uncommon with them.
The stalling in naming rights has something to do with Levy wanting NFL at the stadium in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom