Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to say out of the 5 games I've seen him start in (incl Monaco and Espanyol) he's not done it for me. Looked alright in Tbilisi but then we all did.
He doesn't seem to have any off the ball movement.

Appreciate this is post-NLD knee-jerking of the highest order but I have to say he's by far the weakest of our 4 wingers.

For the first 20 or so minutes of game he was the only one creating any chances. He's not flashy but he is still effective. He'll be fine.

Yeah ... he was pretty decent in the first half ... loved some of his tricks.
But he really waned out and faded in the second half. Although I think that is primarily because we did most of the attacking on the right side.

Early days of course but I have to say, based on the few games he's played in, I dont really think he offers enough. I think this season we are going to see a lot of slow build up from the back, pushing too many men ahead of the ball and expecting the defenders to play incisive balls into advanced midfielders.
Hopefully Eriksen will give us that bit of guile centrally but I would have liked to have seen Holtby given a chance there, I dont see a huge gap in ability between them - again, early days though.
Gutted about Capoue.

Remember this guy, how fare we've come

Steed%20Malbranque%20in%20action%20for%20Tottenham-1707348.jpg

Pass % and chances created... what more do you want from a new player.

@ VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur how so? Your comment seems pretty naive tbh mate, he's a new player he's doing just fine.
Agree with you. If you've been active in the match thread today then you'll know that I've been leading the defense of Chadli.

The only disagreement that I have with your post is just the bit that I quoted.
Stats can be incredibly misleading. Depending on how you frame them, you can tell pretty much whatever story that you'd like, to entirely contrary ends.

Agree with you. If you've been active in the match thread today then you'll know that I've been leading the defense of Chadli.

The only disagreement that I have with your post is just the bit that I quoted.
Stats can be incredibly misleading. Depending on how you frame them, you can tell pretty much whatever story that you'd like, to entirely contrary ends.

Of course, If you look at all the stats for todays game you'd think we outplayed Woolwich. Then you look at the picture I linked in the matchday thread of the passes and areas of possession and it tells an entirely different story.

Stat's are for intelligent use only. AVB loves his stats :avbshock:

Back
Top Bottom