Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha ha!
So, let me get this right. You don't understand that someone who was at the match and saw all 90 mins, the whole pitch, and 22 players would have a better grasp of what went on, compared to someone who watched it on the telly, while getting their knickers in a twist on the match thread. Oh and for good measure getting their info from the muppets, sorry, commentators.
Mate, in those circs thats not condescension, you've even misunderstood the relevance of being there!
I'm going to pre-face this comment by saying I have a season ticket.

Being there doesn't give you a ''better'' pedastal to view the game from. I agree you see certain aspects of the game that TV viewers don't, like my funny Kyle Walker moment during the Leicester league game that wasn't caught on camera and a better appreciation of the whole structure of the game, but in terms of judging players performances, it's pretty much the same. The TV focuses on the play so we at the game see the exact same thing they do on telly in terms of what a player does with the ball or runs etc.

On Chadli, he definitely has a place here. That place will be on the bench more often than not though with our first XI very settled. He's mercurial but has a big upside when he's on it.

I'm sure everyone must be really bored with this constant sniping and bickering so I'm calling a halt and letting the thread get back on track. And no, there isn't any "insightful observation" related to this comment whatsoever.

I still believe that there is a player in there. The goal was clearly very emotional for him, and he is nowhere near match fit.
He has scored goals, some of them late, which means he was as fit as everyone else. Hopefully the goal will help him move on. I get the feeling that this isn't a dressing room you can hide in, and even squad players seem to be involved and happy.
I have not seen a team like this for a generation, there are no donkeys there. But as a gentle reminder, WE DO NOT BOO MEN IN WHITE SHIRTS.
This team WILL win trophies.

Haha…. you mercilessly slated Chadli all game and then he goes and scores - what knob you must have felt. And now you're filled with righteous indignation because you are embarrassed at your knee jerk comments. Here's an idea - how about watching the match in full and then commenting, not getting on the keyboard every 5 seconds to bang out vitriolic and undeserved criticism?

His performance was poor yesterday, the goal didn't change that. Here's an idea - how about not using phrases like "mercilessly slated" and "vitriolic and undeserved". How about offering some gentle criticism? Rather than lecturing people. This, in case you hadn't noticed, is a forum, and match threads are just a device for exchanging views on the here and now. Are you seriously suggesting that the match threads should be held after the match? The wretched Chadli can't read the comments made - match threads are for precisely this sort of spontaneous expression. I, and many others would never dream of getting on a player's back at a game. You seem unable to separate the two.

If a player has a shocker, then pops up with a late goal, are his apologists then entitled to mock others simply because of that goal? And ignore everything that has gone before? I'm not going to read the bloody thing again, but the large majority of posts concerning Chadli, were about the effort he was perceived to be putting in on behalf of the Tottenham cause. I understand that everyone has their favourites (personally I won't hear a word against Christian Eriksen) but I wouldn't care to censor others from their opinion. The fans who slated Eriksen for the first 40 minutes against Sunderland might have felt pretty stupid too, but nobody should be denying their right to feel so.

I'm going to pre-face this comment by saying I have a season ticket.

Being there doesn't give you a ''better'' pedastal to view the game from. I agree you see certain aspects of the game that TV viewers don't, like my funny Kyle Walker moment during the Leicester league game that wasn't caught on camera and a better appreciation of the whole structure of the game, but in terms of judging players performances, it's pretty much the same. The TV focuses on the play so we at the game see the exact same thing they do on telly in terms of what a player does with the ball or runs etc.

On Chadli, he definitely has a place here. That place will be on the bench more often than not though with our first XI very settled. He's mercurial but has a big upside when he's on it.

TV is hopeless at showing players running off the ball. Like you I go to games, and obviously watch on TV as well. The spectator doesn't see the really close up action, but the TV viewer misses the wider perspective. Being able to see the whole pitch from a decent vantage point is unbeatable in my opinion.

Haha…. you mercilessly slated Chadli all game and then he goes and scores - what knob you must have felt. And now you're filled with righteous indignation because you are embarrassed at your knee jerk comments. Here's an idea - how about watching the match in full and then commenting, not getting on the keyboard every 5 seconds to bang out vitriolic and undeserved criticism?

Ok

I didn't slate him all game
He took his goal well and I even joked about it so not embarrassed at all

I watched the match in full the next day and stand by everything I said in the thread

Like I said later this is a forum with differing views so no need for you to label all those who disagree with you as "fuckwits"

So keep your "ideas" to yourself

There's nice

Ha ha!
So, let me get this right. You don't understand that someone who was at the match and saw all 90 mins, the whole pitch, and 22 players would have a better grasp of what went on, compared to someone who watched it on the telly, while getting their knickers in a twist on the match thread. Oh and for good measure getting their info from the muppets, sorry, commentators.
Mate, in those circs thats not condescension, you've even misunderstood the relevance of being there!

Ho Ho

I do understand the relevance of being there and it is my preferred choice but you do get a different view watching on the screen and you could give me lessons on condescension but let's just agree to disagree

We're both Spurs and each wants the best for them

Ho Ho

I do understand the relevance of being there and it is my preferred choice but you do get a different view watching on the screen and you could give me lessons on condescension but let's just agree to disagree

We're both Spurs and each wants the best for them
ditto. pain to be in Scotland when were playing such good stuff at times. I lived there for 4 years and only got to matches in hols time.

Please guys continue all the unnecessary over the top criticism on the match threads. People were actually questioning why Poch would take a DM off and put an attacking midfielder on when we were 1 nil down....and chadli just like in the Leicester game quietens the doubters (until next week).

I still believe that there is a player in there. The goal was clearly very emotional for him, and he is nowhere near match fit.
He has scored goals, some of them late, which means he was as fit as everyone else. Hopefully the goal will help him move on. I get the feeling that this isn't a dressing room you can hide in, and even squad players seem to be involved and happy.
I have not seen a team like this for a generation, there are no donkeys there. But as a gentle reminder, WE DO NOT BOO MEN IN WHITE SHIRTS.
This team WILL win trophies.
Excuse me, can someone light this HUGE, FUCK OFF LAH DI for me please?
:troll:

Back
Top Bottom