Block J, give us a wave

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its utterly obsurd to have such a random banning. They may as well have banned the lot of us since we were all standing up pretty much the entire time.

THey had this strange chewing tabacco that SLR was none to found of. :adegrin:

That would be Snus, I had it when I was over in Finland a couple of years ago - really grew to like it but the first time I tried it my whole lower gum area went numb and it felt really bizarre... mind I may have been a bit inebriated too.

Its utterly obsurd to have such a random banning. They may as well have banned the lot of us since we were all standing up pretty much the entire time.

What a fantastic night, really enjoyed it and it was great to have singing from start to finish. My personal favourite was "you used to sing down there".
As far as the stewarding goes, the Levy lookalike was as good as gold, but there was one dickhead (in a blue jacket) that gave me a final warning (which happened to be my first) after 15 mins when I had the temerity to stand up to the hate Arse chant!
Not wanting to give the club any reason not to allow 1882 to happen again I spent the next 75 mins sat down, with only the occasional bit of standing, but sang my heart out, resulting in a very sore throat this morning.
Can just about see myself in the photo, (bottom right 3 in) its a bit blurred, but given my face that is a bonus!
Just hope that the atmosphere of last night is carried through to our next games, I know the 2 away games won't be an issue, but West Ham and Liverpool will be the true test.
Thanks for arranging this guys, hope to meet up with some of you if we do another one.

Doesnt that shit rot your gums?
images

You should do this for every home europa league game, and maybe 1 or 2 away games depending on how far we go in the competition. I'll try and go to one too

The only stewards causing any trouble were the white and blue jacket ones. White jacket was standing right In front of the goal, making me and my dad stand,and was being a general twat.
Otherwise, top top top night. Big up 1882
Also, anyone got a full stream of the game? Wouldn't mind watching it back tbh

Lads we have to try and develop a rapport with the club and the stewards. If they're getting people to sit down they're doing what is being asked of them by the club.

Everyone was well aware that we aren't allowed stand persistently, the club made that clear. Blatant flouting is always going to cause trouble.

In the Brickies or in WHL? I was standing next to SLR initially in the Lane as my own seat had been taken. The stewards then moaned because I was basically standing on the stairs. I then got moved to where my seat was, where a bloke was already sitting/standing so I was doubled up with him, and then was getting grief from the stewards again for not sitting down (how the fuck do they expect two blokes to fit on one seat?). Anyhow, I had a whinge at half time and got moved. Fuck me though I didn't realise how pissed I had become earlier in the day. After the game I looked for SLR & Co but couldn't find them in the crowd so just went home.

Anyhow, top night with top chaps nonetheless. If you look in the picture above there are a set of three young Swedish lads we met in Dirty Dicks, top chaps. THey had this strange chewing tabacco that SLR was none to found of. :adegrin:

There's also a steward with a shaved head who was rather amusingly seranaded to "there's only one Daniel Levy". :levywtf:

I thought Muamba was a nice touch as well.

:avblol:
ahh i think I saw you getting told off :adegrin:

I was across on that end of row 15 next to my mate that looks like prince charming from shrek and the mrs

Back
Top Bottom