Block J, give us a wave

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lads we have to try and develop a rapport with the club and the stewards. If they're getting people to sit down they're doing what is being asked of them by the club.

Everyone was well aware that we aren't allowed stand persistently, the club made that clear. Blatant flouting is always going to cause trouble.

Exactly. I know it is against our nature and 'do what we want' attitude but the club can make things awkward for us. They are under even stricter guidelines for european games.

As for the stewards they are only delivering the message, and of course the ones in orange are gonna be ok because basically their job starts and ends with acting out the 'sit down' signal. The blokes in blue and white probably have more sh*t coming there way (not just from us) if they're not getting the desired results.

I spoke to the one in blue at half-time as during the game my point was why is the whole of the s.lower standing? he said it was because we were upper tier? at half-time he acknowledged that the whole stadium should be seated and maybe they were under resourced or (incorrectly) turning a blind eye. (perhaps all rock-up in the s.lower for future 1882). He was all for safe standing and sympathetic towards us. Remember he was just doing his job (no matter how w*nky we think that is).

The game has lulls and injuries, if we just co-operate at these times we may just keep everyone happy.

VYBvQ.jpg

I want names to faces!
That's me in the Holsten top, my boy in the 3rd kit.

It's not for chewing you madman! it's for keeping under your lip :adelol:

Hahhaha was it dip or snus? Quite popular over here in the states. If it was actually dip tobacco and SLR tried to chew it did he puke? Swallowing any of it generally leads to that.

That's me to the right of the staircase, black t shirt, arms outstretched and looking a tad smashed.

I might have to make dirty dicks a bit of a tradition with these 1882 games, it was a good start to the day. Most fun I've had at a game in ages, good to meet some of you again and some of you for the first time as well.

It was snus I think, I didn't chew it exactly. Basically Emile rolled up a ball of it the size of a marble and said stuck that under your lip. Felt like a fucking tumour. Then it quickly disintegrated into a bitter mess of dirt all over my teeth and gums.

Good stuff.

That's me to the right of the staircase, black t shirt, arms outstretched and looking a tad smashed.

I might have to make dirty dicks a bit of a tradition with these 1882 games, it was a good start to the day. Most fun I've had at a game in ages, good to meet some of you again and some of you for the first time as well.

Yiddo! you were fucking brilliant last night mate! :bow:

It was snus I think, I didn't chew it exactly. Basically Emile rolled up a ball of it the size of a marble and said stuck that under your lip. Felt like a fucking tumour. Then it quickly disintegrated into a bitter mess of dirt all over my teeth and gums.

Good stuff.
HAHAHA that'd be why... the moment it loses it shape you're gone, he probably gave you a marble sized one to fuck you over :balelol:

You were quality! I was the youth stood directly behind you

I want to know who the guy in was in roughly row 16/17, he was white, very short hair (maybe bald?), Holsten Spurs shirt on, brown/black coat on.
He started singing, 'We're Tottenham Hotspur, win lose or win, win lose or drawww, were Tottenham Hotspur win lose or drawww!'
YIDO YIDO YIDO!

That's me!

Last edited:
In the Brickies or in WHL? I was standing next to SLR initially in the Lane as my own seat had been taken. The stewards then moaned because I was basically standing on the stairs. I then got moved to where my seat was, where a bloke was already sitting/standing so I was doubled up with him, and then was getting grief from the stewards again for not sitting down (how the fuck do they expect two blokes to fit on one seat?). Anyhow, I had a whinge at half time and got moved. Fuck me though I didn't realise how pissed I had become earlier in the day. After the game I looked for SLR & Co but couldn't find them in the crowd so just went home.

Anyhow, top night with top chaps nonetheless. If you look in the picture above there are a set of three young Swedish lads we met in Dirty Dicks, top chaps. THey had this strange chewing tabacco that SLR was none to found of. :adegrin:

There's also a steward with a shaved head who was rather amusingly seranaded to "there's only one Daniel Levy". :levywtf:

I thought Muamba was a nice touch as well.

I thought you'd moved again, couldn't see you anywhere after that. Having said that I was stood next to Dog in the second half, and couldn't even see him when I was leaving the stadium.

Still, good times mate.

Back
Top Bottom