BOXING DAY BEATDOWN TOTTENHAM AWAY v relegation fodder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see any reason why we should be respectful about it. We're better than them as a team in terms of quality. Would any of their players get in our squad even?

I think this demonstrates that us fans have to show a bit more respect to 'smaller' clubs. There is no easy game. We can't assume we are going to win just because a club isn't a premiership regular.

Sent from my iPhone at Wembley.

funny how a game changes people

QPR, West Brom, and Palace have all gotten 3 from them this season. Wtf are you talking about?

Numbers don't lie and numbers say Leicester = shit
Because Leicester will play the same against top teams as they do bottom teams? There are examples of great teams losing to weak sides, doesn't mean we should be hammering them. It's averages which count.

funny how a game changes people
Pretty sure you missed my point in my last post...
:freund:
Here it is in a more signposted version:
I think this demonstrates that us fans have to show a bit more respect to 'smaller' clubs. There is no easy game. We can't assume we are going to win just because a club isn't a premiership regular.

Sent from my iPhone at Wembley. <as in, we're already at Wembley...

I think the only logical conclusion is that Ade's juju was reversed and put on Hugo's goal. We are fucking invincible now, bring em all on!!

It seems like Leicester took our team by surprise.
(Unsurprisingly for us) Leicester were desperate for points, and it bloody well showed. As per usual, we underestimated them and so couldn't get out of first gear.
Surely we'll be more up for the United match (which they probably had one eye on today)...

Still, we won. Fuck it.

community.gif

Lamela has been awful. Had hoped he could build on that goal last game, but nope.
What? He played in Chadli with a great fucking pass, for him to cross for the first. put Bentaleb through -who should have scored - and made another pass where we should have scored. He was more influential with his passing than any one in the team.

Hard fought victory which should build the team spirit. Only saw the 2nd half but amongst some average performances Danny rose stood out as completely terrible. Constantly out of position. Davies back please

Merson does it again....we only do 2-1 wins when we are live on Sky apparently...
"If this was live on Super Sunday, I probably would have gone for a last-minute 2-1 win for Spurs, but it’s not.

Leicester may be struggling at the moment but it’s never easy to play them on their own patch, so I’m going for all square in this one."

What? He played in Chadli with a great fucking pass, for him to cross for the first. put Bentaleb through -who should have scored - and made another pass where we should have scored. He was more influential with his passing than any one in the team.
Could not agree more. Also showed some good pressing from start to finish. Towards the end relieved us of a lot of pressure with some good dribbling out wide.

We'll I'm not as negative as most of you doom mongering cunts. First 30 mintues we were well on top and could've been 2 or 3 up easy but for shoddy decision making at crucial times in the final third. Last 10 or 15 of the first half Pearson switched something up and they were on us. Second half started largely the same but Lloris was his usual world class self. An absolute giant among men. We badly need a proper experienced midfielder as when teams get us on the back foot they cut through Bentaleb and Mason like butter at times. They have big potential but they'd benefit greatly from someone who's been there and done it. Bentaleb completely let his buddy go for their goal too. Well happy with the 3 points and the foxes fans can suck a fat dick for booing Harry Kane.

Back
Top Bottom