BOXING DAY BEATDOWN TOTTENHAM AWAY v relegation fodder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's scary to me is that we have all these CMs but our 2 in front of our back 4 seems to be our weakest position. Bentaleb had another poor game.

I have to say that Leicester were very unlucky today. But it was all our own fault. They don't have any huge quality but we gave the ball away time and time again, let them have a go, giving out presents like Santa really. You have to say they were really shit for not taking their chances.

The most worrying thing for me is that we don't have an experienced leader in midfield who can shout a players when things are going wrong for us. Eriksen settled us by scoring (he's incredible really, isn't he) against the run of play. If we had a leader in midfield then he could settle us and get a lot more out of everyone around him. For me, that's the thing we need to fix in January if we can.

What? He played in Chadli with a great fucking pass, for him to cross for the first. put Bentaleb through -who should have scored - and made another pass where we should have scored. He was more influential with his passing than any one in the team.
I think people that are criticizing him mean what he does when we don't have the ball. He genuinely has no idea how to defend, either one-on-one or as part of the team shape.

I mean, we can sit around and parse weaknesses and bad performances but there wasn't a single player who put in a shift today beside Lloris. The whole team was poor, not a single respectable performance barring Hugo.

Watching that was like how I imagine it would feel to be laid out on horse tranquilisers, unable to move but forced to watch, inert as you witness your mother, sister, wife and daughter get raped and murdered by jihadi terrorists

not that I want to appear over melodramatic or anything..............

a total lack of anything resembling an effective midfield, to cover a defence with Fazio the statue and Rose the traffic cone was not a pleasant experience.

saved again by Kane and Able.

I wonder if Roberto can get his surname changed by deed poll, to Soldadon't?

Watching that was like how I imagine it would feel to be laid out on horse tranquilisers, unable to move but forced to watch, inert as you witness your mother, sister, wife and daughter get raped and murdered by jihadi terrorists

not that I want to appear over melodramatic or anything..............
To survive that onslaught and come away with the win, it is no exaggeration to say that was the most important match in the history of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Perhaps the most significant football match of all time.

I think people that are criticizing him mean what he does when we don't have the ball. He genuinely has no idea how to defend, either one-on-one or as part of the team shape.

with all due respect that's absolute pure and utter bollocks mate

he has one of the best defensive work rates in the team and is one of the few guys we got who actually fully understands what Poch wants and how we need to press them high up, problem is other players around him don't back him up at the right times. On the attacking side he sees things way earlier than others at times and his team mates need to learn how to follow his vision when attacking. Lamela is a diamond, him and Eriksen are huge talents, Kane too.

Back
Top Bottom