BOXING DAY BEATDOWN TOTTENHAM AWAY v relegation fodder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree that it wont happen instantly from signing a player, but I just don't see anyone we already got who is going to grow into that role any time soon. Mason may be our best bet, but he's a good few years off that yet, and his peers may not accept him. Get the right somebody in who has experience and it can work quicker. Maybe not this season, but certainly by next. I think the problem will be attracting the right person though, as we want someone who is already known to be a catalst like that and those players want to play CL probably. Until we fix this problem I think we will continue to spit and stutter.

I was kinda hoping Stambouli would be the man as I like what he has had to say for himself when called upon, though his performances haven't really cemented him in to the team right now so it might be a bit of a struggle for him to lead from the bench.

I was kinda hoping Stambouli would be the man as I like what he has had to say for himself when called upon, though his performances haven't really cemented him in to the team right now so it might be a bit of a struggle for him to lead from the bench.

He's been solid enough but without getting a run of games it's hard to really judge him. Still massively early days for Stambouli.

Strange enough I feel last years shit team could beat this years shit team right now.

With Naughton getting a red on both teams

Haha no way mate. Last season was appalling. Kane and Eriksen against the most error prone backline in Europe. Adebayor would have to score twelve for last seasons team to keep up.

Feeling pretty positive about United, really.

They played Falcao (subbed off on 65, coming back from injury), RVP and Rooney today. That's their first choice strikers who will all be shattered.

I think Lamela and Chadli could get some joy out of the wing-backs too.

Di Maria got injured in training, won't play.

Our fitness levels are superb and probably the best in the premier league; this is one of the reason we've excelled this December.

We've beaten them or run them very close the last few times we've played them. If we get 3 points out of the next 6 I will be very happy with how this months gone.

Feeling pretty positive about United, really.

They played Falcao (subbed off on 65, coming back from injury), RVP and Rooney today. That's their first choice strikers who will all be shattered.

I think Lamela and Chadli could get some joy out of the wing-backs too.

Di Maria got injured in training, won't play.

Our fitness levels are superb and probably the best in the premier league; this is one of the reason we've excelled this December.

We've beaten them or run them very close the last few times we've played them. If we get 3 points out of the next 6 I will be very happy with how this months gone.

I reckon they are shitting it

What? He played in Chadli with a great fucking pass, for him to cross for the first. put Bentaleb through -who should have scored - and made another pass where we should have scored. He was more influential with his passing than any one in the team.
Lamela wasn't awful. Nor was he very influential. Somewhere in between

i predicted this before the game...so close!!!! i said 2-0 for Spurs ,was in the end 2-1 ,but our scorers i GUESS RIGHT! :adesalute:...3 FREE beers for me! ,please from the house...

Lets be honest. There's only about 3 people in our entire squad that can score consistently.

Eriksen, Kane, Chadli.

He's been solid enough but without getting a run of games it's hard to really judge him. Still massively early days for Stambouli.

Absolutely, and for the reasons I mentioned earlier, I hope he does come good. I worry he may be a little slow in games where we are able to keep the ball and commit men forward as I've seen him get exposed a few times. When team pressure us however, and we have to play more compacted, I think he plays a lot better and influences the game more.

United aren't anything to fear.

Leicester beat them. Leicester.

Aging strike force, shit midfield and poor in defense. They hate being closed down.

We've performed well in some of our bigger games (Woolwich, Swansea, Everton, even Man City to a degree).

Poch ...

"very difficult game" ... "important 3 points" ... "Leicester played very well, they have a very good team." ... "this is football" ... "we are on a good way, with a very young squad we are improving".

Back
Top Bottom