Brad Friedel

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reupping with Friedel is a good sign that Lloris will be definitely be going nowhere next year. If Lloris was going , likely be more of an open competition for the starting spot vs resigning a 44 yr old where the back up role is a given.

Last edited:
Really pleased for him. Would hope his new arrangements would extend to becoming more involved in the youth set up as well, just as he was towards the end of this season.

....Our goalkeeper's Ambassadorial role will have a wide-ranging remit that will include greater involvement in our Global Coaching programme and engaging with our 30 Supporters Clubs from across North America as we continue to increase our global presence and bring our international fanbase closer to the Club.

We are SO desperate to crack 'Murica it's untrue!!

We make the Beckham's ambition to do it seem almost nonchalant!

Good servant to club. Am terrified that this means he's going to remain our number 2 tho...probably be club captain too if we get rid of Daws...yikes.

I'm not sure this necessarily means Brad will be our No 2 next season. The club is not clueless to the interest in Lloris, and this is a one year contract with a 43 year old after letting another keeper leave. I feel pretty confident we'll be moving for a young keeper this summer to play in cups, with the aim to develop the experience to challenge for the No 1 spot once Lloris leaves. In fact, I think we'll see Karl Darlow from Forest join our ranks before the end of the summer.

Ergo...Brad is still very much in the mix as our back up keeper. He doesn't have a coaching role, & he hasn't signed a one year contract as an ambassador as far as I can tell. As much as I like the guy & respect his service to the club, he is no longer even league cup quality. It's not a good omen in my opinion.

Ergo...Brad is still very much in the mix as our back up keeper. He doesn't have a coaching role, & he hasn't signed a one year contract as an ambassador as far as I can tell. As much as I like the guy & respect his service to the club, he is no longer even league cup quality. It's not a good omen in my opinion.

His contract as a goalkeeper is only for one more year. Rest easy bro, no club goes into a season with only two senior keepers at the club, hell even the WC teams bring three keepers with them on a 23 man roster. I really don't think Brad will be our primary cup keeper this upcoming season, as we'll be bringing in some fresh blood at the position.

His contract as a goalkeeper is only for one more year. Rest easy bro, no club goes into a season with only two senior keepers at the club, hell even the WC teams bring three keepers with them on a 23 man roster. I really don't think Brad will be our primary cup keeper this upcoming season, as we'll be bringing in some fresh blood at the position.
Sorry Cahspur but the writing is on the wall here. There's no way Levy has given him an extension as a charitable gesture for his great service. Levy is one ruthless piece of work when it comes to contracts & negotiations. He is there as a bona fide squad member. He is too old & slow now. He'd be a great coach, but we have one courtesy of our new manager. He'd be an exemplary ambassador for the club, but that's not what his contract is about as far as I can tell (I didn't see ledley making the news with a one year contract as a club ambassador). That leaves one conclusion- he is likely to terrorise the fans who love him whenever he puts on his goalie gloves next season. It's like a past it boxer having one last glory night...except he could be in for ages if Lloris gets injured. That scares the bejesus out if me

Back
Top Bottom