Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been saying for months Sonny should be given a go on free kicks. His corners are on the whole pretty decent, similar technique so what's to lose. Love Harry but someone needs to push him aside now.

Millwall away,so empty sp just a few yids. Refuse to believe anything other than 0-4.
between dog walking, daughters 40th, grand dad duties , and general serfdom, I won’t have time to panic.
gooner next door trying to do muggy smile. It don’t work. I can see i his eyes he don’t believe so just makes him look simple.

The latest day of hope scattered to the four corners of realism no doubt.

Maybe our fortunes are linked to Halley's comet, in which case it's another 39 years of anticipated success being mistaken for plumes of hot air.

7 days on the training field with Conte presumably asking the players what they want as footballers and our club, and then some thing that suggests they have listened and cared would be nice.

And if the players don't care much more than professional pride, then let's see a performance that matches.

Natalie Sawyer have Saturday off she could be at the game…..
A3495061-CB28-4-A4-C-87-BC-DE0-AEF428-E1-D.jpg

Well yeah, I wrote it so it’s what I believe. Does that really need to be specified?

If you read Poch’s book you will hear how much he believes in “universal energy” and destiny. Losing that final after the many miracles it took to get there would have been a huge blow to his psyche. Let’s not forget that he was already talking about walking away from Tottenham before the final was played, he talked about how it would be perfect to win the CL with Tottenham and then move on.

The words of Poch himself:

“I think it was very difficult to accept the way the game went,” he said in quotes reported by The Sun.

“I was so disappointed afterwards. It was difficult to stop crying, to stop feeling bad.

“When you prepare for three weeks with the responsibility and in the way we did, and worked, with all the staff and players. We were very focused.

“I think we were convinced and I was convinced that the final was going to go our way. That was completely in our minds. But no one is prepared after 30 seconds of the Champions League final to concede like that.”

“But I knew after five years and with the way we were working, all the things that happened, it was going to be difficult to change a little bit in our minds and to stay open to design another plan, or a strategy to build again, a different chapter.

“A different project was going to be difficult to maintain — to keep improving.”

“I said to Daniel that we finished in the way that no one wanted but the end, because of our commitment, our emotion and our feeling — in football — it needed to happen,” the former Southampton boss admitted.

So it’s all there, in his words. He didn’t have the appetite for another 5 year project at Tottenham after the way the last season went. It was clear during the first months of the 19/20 season that the fire had gone out of his eyes. The whole team was not mentally right. We are only now beginning to get some real confidence back now that Conte is here.
I don't disagree with your last statement and I'm sure that if he gets the backing that Poch was denied, he will take us places.
However , your assessment of Pochettinos words ignores the fact that if he was given what he wanted, he would have stayed, had his enthusiasm and energy levels renewed and then educated and trained hungry players to succeed. He didn't suddenly forget how to do that, he just lost the will to have to fight internal battles, and on field ones with a clapped out squad.
And no I don't have sound bites to support that. But I have been in jobs where the management was so poor that I was happy to go, and if I had been in a position to get multi million pound severance packages I would have stuck around to get fired as well.

I want a draw between assenal and united to start a good afternoon without stress
I think a Man Utd win would be the best outcome. A draw would leave us 2 points ahead of Woolwich if we beat Brentford. Whereas a Man Utd win puts us 3 points ahead, which means we can lose a future game and still be ahead of them on goal difference.

This will be a very difficult game, especially at their place where they have been quite good. Since signing Eriksen they've gone on a good run too.

Looking forward to seeing Eriksen on the pitch too. He's certainly up for it.................

I think a Man Utd win would be the best outcome. A draw would leave us 2 points ahead of Woolwich if we beat Brentford. Whereas a Man Utd win puts us 3 points ahead, which means we can lose a future game and still be ahead of them on goal difference.
I'am realistic and a humble person, united can't win this match, so I'm happy with a draw
200.gif

This will be a very difficult game, especially at their place where they have been quite good. Since signing Eriksen they've gone on a good run too.

Looking forward to seeing Eriksen on the pitch too. He's certainly up for it.................

Hopefully his compatriot Hojbjerg doesn't hold back, and kicks a few lumps out of him today.

Back
Top Bottom