Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He sees him as a striker and I don’t think that he’s got either the technique or the bottle for it

That miss late on was a shocker and I don’t care if it was a volley
You have to hit the target from there and give their keeper a save to make
It’s fucking hard to come on and get up to speed with the game. Even harder as a striker

Whole team were between average and shit today, an insipid performance. When you don't trouble the opposition goalkeeper (regardless of who they are) in 90 minutes you know it's a bad showing. I'm presuming this was Category B so £50 to watch it. Grim.

I think Conte should change line up. No body passes the ball to Royal and for a good reason, this makes the team half paralysed going forward. Conte should play 4 4 2, Royal can defend but can't do much with the ball. Then we can have Berg or Lucas at the right doing something with the ball going forward. Even Reg is not much better...

Not sure why anyone is upset at how Brighton played, they played their game plan to perfection and if Spurs had done the same the result would have been different,for a team at home with superior players (allegedly) not to have a single shot on goal v a team comfortably safe with so much at stake is the only disgusting thing about today.

Spurs never seemed to be able to cope with Brightons formation and the fact that Brighton did indeed waste every second the could is just how it is,Spurs were not clever enough to exploit the wide open spaces and Brighton just seemed to want to win more,which is just baffling.

I have to say Bissouma really is a player worth a punt and not much at all got past Cuccarella if anything,did a Spurs player have a good game today? Hopefully a lesson learned, because another performance like that and say goodbye to CL football next season.

Not sure why anyone is upset at how Brighton played, they played their game plan to perfection and if Spurs had done the same the result would have been different,for a team at home with superior players (allegedly) not to have a single shot on goal v a team comfortably safe with so much at stake is the only disgusting thing about today.

Spurs never seemed to be able to cope with Brightons formation and the fact that Brighton did indeed waste every second the could is just how it is,Spurs were not clever enough to exploit the wide open spaces and Brighton just seemed to want to win more,which is just baffling.

I have to say Bissouma really is a player worth a punt and not much at all got past Cuccarella if anything,did a Spurs player have a good game today? Hopefully a lesson learned, because another performance like that and say goodbye to CL football next season.
The only good thing to come out of today was Wellbeck not scoring.

Can't believe how bad that was today I'm still in shock the performance of some was shocking. To be in the position of 4th and it was like a meaningless game. The whole team was bad but kane didn't look like he wanted to be there at all unreal to be honest.

It's been coming if we're totally honest. We've had a few really, really poor first halves against meh to average opponents but then had a moment of magic. Then we've been ultra clinical and excellent when teams (foolishly) throw caution to the wind and open up. If you give Kane & Kulu space and time to find players we will tear you apart.

That's us as a team atm. Hopefully it's enough for top 4 and then Conte in the summer gets the resources to add more strings to our bow. We need to be capable of exerting more control over these teams rather than relying on breaks, and we need to have midfielders and wing backs capable of providing better support.

Brighton found passes to midfield. We didn’t. Bentancur and PEH were hiding. Everytime Romero had the ball first half he only had Royal to pass forward to, which he didn’t because he doesn’t trust him and went sideways instead. They also put Bissouma in front of Kane which nullified any threat there to feet. Made us play aimless long punts into channels

Results have flattered us of late. We got away with poor halves vs Newcastle and villa but we weren't going to keep getting away with it. We were so Uninspiring lacked energy and commitment. The fans tried today but the players let us down. Conte needs to be more flexible when plan A isn't working brighton completely had our number today. Hard to single anybody out in particular as I'd say everybody barring Davies had an absolute shocker. Fucking woeful.

Back
Top Bottom