Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
Be interesting to see if Jose starts Sid in the striker role.

Sid up front for me, son and bergy wide , japhet at right back and Toby restored to centre half please.

We’re going to smash fuck out of this lot.
I just wonder if it's going to be by parking the bus and counter. Early goal maybe and hang on for dear life not to concede. I'm dreading the game but at least we can watch Brighton's ineffective jogo bonita against Spurs fall a sleep football.

Brighton haven't won at home since April 2020... So we all know what's going to happen.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Rodon - Davies
Hojbjerg - Sissoko
Bale - Ndombele - Son
Vinicius​

Brighton haven't won at home since April 2020... So we all know what's going to happen.

Lloris
Hojbjerg - Sissoko
Bale - Ndombele - Son
Vinicius​
Exactly the team I'd go for assuming that Aurier isn't dropped.

Let's hope that maybe Dele or Lo Celso are near to fitness to give us some more options.

If Vinicius doesn't start alot of spurs fans are going to turn. I've been pro jose from the beginning but my patience is wearing very thin with baffling decisions week after week. If the starting line up that's released doesn't involve Vinicius I might even throw my toys out of the pram and not bother watching it 🤣

If Vinicius doesn't start alot of spurs fans are going to turn. I've been pro jose from the beginning but my patience is wearing very thin with baffling decisions week after week. If the starting line up that's released doesn't involve Vinicius I might even throw my toys out of the pram and not bother watching it 🤣
I'm feeling the same here. If Vinicius doesn't start I have very little hope that we will do anything.
ALready not looking forward to it as Mourinho's tactics relied on the individual brilliance of Kane.

I'm feeling the same here. If Vinicius doesn't start I have very little hope that we will do anything.
ALready not looking forward to it as Mourinho's tactics relied on the individual brilliance of Kane.
I honestly feel so sorry for the guy. Put yourself in his shoes right now you're hardly going to be high on confidence. Jose has basically said I have no faith in you so far this season. Which is strange considering he's a player Jose wanted.

If Kane is out and Jose refuses to even give Vinnie a chance he can serioulsy fuck off out of our club, i know i dont see him training however he bitched and moaned all of last season about how no big club should only have 1 striker, well you got your fucking striker Jose maybe try playing him instead of fucking Lamela?
Doc and Dier should be no where near this lineup! however i get the feeling we will all be pissed off with the lineup and even more pissed off with a draw!
I have never been so out of love with football, im not blaming it just on the results and the shit football, its just watching every game at home is shite, i miss the lane and live football, the sooner things get back to normal the better!

Vinicius HAS to start... he's our back up striker!!

Son, Vini and either Lamela/Bale as a 'fluid' front 3 SHOULD help fill the void left by Kane... and if it can't, against Brighton, then I dunno who we put in for Chelsea next week! Can we recall Parrott????!!!!

They need a game to at least form some understanding... 'cos our front players are gonna have to get used to the sight of eachother without Kane for the whole of Feb, if not longer... so best start getting used to the idea!

With Harry out I wonder if moving to a 4-1-4-1 would work. Emulating Leicester's formation more or less. They also play a defensive, counter attacking brand but with a bit more attacking intent.

You can use Son as the central forward and utilize his speed that way. And get Winks or maybe even Dele (unlikely as it may be) in next to Tanguy with Pierre behind them.

My pick would be:

Lloris
Hojbjerg - Sissoko
Bale - Ndombele - Son
Vinicius

I'm hoping the squad all realise how poor they were last night and decide to turn it around. Time will tell though.

Back
Top Bottom