Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
Kane, Son, Hojbjerg, Ndombele

That's it really

Who else in our squad would any other top team want? Dele obviously but old Dele not current Dele.

I think we've just been fooled that the rest of the squad are a lot better than they actually are.
Well the man who got us top of the league for a few weeks and fooled us has his work cut out for him now. This sadness he speaks of is the mentality going down in the team because of the meltdown from Liverpool, which tells you how weak the mentality in the side is.

Looking all too desperate now. He needs to calm the team down and feed their egos to enjoy their game. Hopefully Lo Celso comes back soon because we need a connector between Tanguy and Son. I mean fucking hell a midfielder next to Tanguy who has composure and enjoys the ball. Without Kane & Lo Celso we are hopeless. Dele can’t do it, with his endless flicks, Moura has his head down constantly running into walls, and Lamela’s boots are laced with glue cos he can never pass the ball. So what do you do?

This squad simply can no longer play possession based football, and has been this way since the last few months of Pochettino. We can’t keep hold of the ball long enough.

Spells trouble tonight 1-0 down against a side not letting us counter. This looks like a loss coming up

Utterly useless going forward. The fact that we played 90 minutes today with them in charge of *both* flanks... it's managerial malpractice. It forces any real chances to be funneled through the middle, which puts literally the whole game on Ndombele's shoulders, with the defense entirely clogging the middle. Little wonder we were shut out.
And then when we did get it out wide we had the mighty Ben Davies on the left (check, play it back to Alderweireld). On the right we had Sissoko (bobble, bobble, out for throw).

Their defence must have been laughing when the saw the ball reach the clowns out wide.

I have no idea where we go from here!

Maybe we are the Harry Kane team?

And if anyone needs reminding ,,, this was against... Brighton!

Unquestionably both need to occur. And after this season we will probably have a decent bit of money from Kane's sale. can't see him sticking around after this.
Need a new manager who can bring a style of play that will have us competing properly again. He'll know who and who isn't the required profile to achieve it. I'll be happy to back this if that man has the profile I'd like.

The longer this dinosaur remains the further we get from achieving this, especially if he continues to add players for his archaic hoof ball.

The football we're playing stinks end of. Finally get a back-up striker and Jose doesn't play him. Started the game with basically a back 5. Absolute shocker from team and manager.

I see John and Scott are back with aveangance.

No two "Spurs fans" enjoy Spurs' downfall more than them.

They actually want it to happen so they can poison this board.

Scott didn't post for 2 months during our decent run.

They solely exist to wallow in losses.

Crikey. Never heard that.

Does he need his players to be insanely fit? Cos I am worried that our boys have gone soft in that department.
Probably, but I also think he's very, very smart so I think he will also know that in all leagues this season teams have dropped off their press. Also, like Tuchel he's very hard to read tactically, he can change his teams from possession to a more direct approach. He's not wedded solely to one way of playing.

Haven't seen this level of hopelessness amongst the fanbase since the AVB/Timothy days. Poch truly did lift us. Can't believe some of the hate he gets. Almost makes you think the haters deserve this dross and ineptitude - its what they wanted.
Dele is your answer, but Mourinho has scapegoated him and way too many fans bought into his bullshit and gaslighting.
Dele has been shit for 3 year now. Still might be worth a try but cant see it

Need a new manager who can bring a style of play that will have us competing properly again. He'll know who and who isn't the required profile to achieve it. I'll be happy to back this if that man has the profile I'd like.

The longer this dinosaur remains the further we get from achieving this, especially if he continues to add players for his archaic hoof ball.
Sure, that's the conventional wisdom but anyone with any kind of eye for football talent can see that there is a pile of player in this team that is not good enough. Many should have been moved on previously. No reason to kick the can further down the road on some of them. If you tell me Nagelsmann (we ain't getting Nagelsmann) I can already tell you who would and would not be a fit.

There needs to be churn in this team and it should have happened in the last 2-3 years while we had a coach with an identified way of playing...before he had to alter that style to accommodate the shitty players in the squad. Sorry you have a love affair with some but they need to be moved on.

Levy's bullshit move is leaving a player clogging the works and saying we've got to sell to buy. Well everyone can see that Sissoko can be moved as well as Davies, Sanchez, Lamela, etc etc etc etc etc etc. No need to wait for a manager to come as few with CL demands will want those players. Install a DOF and let that person choose a manager...but also the players. Get younger, get better...and get Levy the fuck away from football decisions.

You know that feeling we're all gonna get in the morning, when we wake, up, remember 'last nights' score, and just go; "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgggggghmotherfuckerrrrghwankshitfuckcunt!"
Well i'm gonna have that feeling now, to get it out of the way, then wake up brighton early tomorrow, nicely refreshed!

...ready....? altogether now: "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgggggghmotherfuckerrrrghwankshitfuckcunt!"

Remember getting fucked 3-0 by Brighton Away under Pochettino? (That was with Harry)
Shut up ffs are so in love with Maureen and oblivious to the shit football his served up in over 14 months. Name a game where have been totally in control dominant ant limited the oppo to just a few chances. Every game even though we have this great defensive tactician we give up some must posssesion and chances it’s ridiculous. I can only put this down to him not bothering and caring about spurs as well as his complete incompetence in coaching the squad . Every the formations and players change. Only thing that does is our inability to keep the ball and create chances other than
The long hoof upfield.

Back
Top Bottom