Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Far rather watch Spence, Sarr and Gil than seeing e.g. Perisic up front and Emerson on the wing. Honestly I despair. Bale looked light for a while. Kane took time to get PL ready. FFS we just don’t develop players and write off talent far too young.

I don't think the modellers at PES thought so last year...

205px-BGil_2020.jpg

Yeah, those PES guys are not exactly master craftsmen. Here's Japhet :avbshit:

205px-Tanganga_2021.jpg

I’m not getting carried away.
He’s fucking better than Modric and Gazza!

:levywhoa:

We all hate those cunts down the road, but Arteta started playing kids who gave a fuck instead of established pros, and because they wanted it they are seeing the benefit of that.

This guy cares and has talent in spades. Spence has raw talent and pace in spades. Sure they'll make mistakes but our experienced players are fucking doing that anyway. Skippy is probably the only real DM we have. Fucking play them.

The way the team played in the second half allowed him to demonstrate his talents.

If we dawdle on the ball and let the opposition drop into formation, he will struggle. He was crowded off the ball.

But as soon as we were dragging Palace about, he flourished. He’s quick, aggressive and technically accomplished.

I hate to say it, but if he was in the Scum side he would be an absolute menace.

Gil is an intelligent player with good technique, used to pass & move, surge forward into space, football.

Part of the problem for Gil under Conte ,and frankly for all our players, was the lack of any structured attacking play. Play the ball into Kane dropping deep, for him to swivel & try to find Son running in behind the opposition defence, was pretty much as far it went.

Gil should really benefit from having options to pass to, and being encouraged to try to play at all times. Plus, like Udogie, I can see him making lots of forward runs ,finding the space & using it unselfishly.

Perisic's injury is a cruel break, and it looks like he's heading back to Croatia permanently to rehab and start the next chapter of his career.

But it does mean Gil will surely get some minutes, and then it's down to him to impress in training and match situations.
I still think this lad will make a few people change their opinions about him . Got a feeling Ange will get the very best out of him .

Will suit Angeball perfectly , I for one haven’t given up on him

Back
Top Bottom