Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what injury is it?
It was reported he missed the tour with a back injury but the Marca article mentions pubic osteopathy which i believe is a pelvic injury

It was reported he missed the tour with a back injury but the Marca article mentions pubic osteopathy which i believe is a pelvic injury

Isn’t that what Skippy had, the season before last?

Brilliant

So... this is it for Gil, isn't it.

We got in a player who has done significantly better than Gil in England and is pretty much guaranteed to be ahead of him. And now he is out of the preseason tour with back injury as well.

I just don't see it happening with him with us anymore.
Maybe time to cut our losses (and insert buy-back clause if he turns out great somewhere else, which he totally might!).

As I said.

Luck has it's part in players being success / failure as well. And Gil's got 0 of that.

Now we also add youngster Veliz to our ranks and Gil stays out with long term injury = he is done.

I have absolutely nothing against the lad. And I HOPE this is not the case. He is obviously talented and technically good player. I hope he becomes and absolute hit for Spurs for next decade. But I just cannot see him doing that unfortunately...

I remember the same being said about Modric
Me too. The difference is Modric at 22 was his clubs captain, most important player and probably the best player in Croatia. He was bossing games for his country. I watched him kill England in 2007/8, his ability was obvious.

Little Bryan is light years from that level. But you are right, they’re both quite small.

Back
Top Bottom