Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs a loan somewhere else. Valencia is not a good team for him to develop in I think- a bit of a bottleneck of average players in front of goal, and not much of a dynamic offense for him to participate in. Best scenario I can envision is relegation fodder prem team or promotion fighting champo team- somebody that will *really* need him to take shots and put the ball in the back of the net.

Gil really needs to learn how to influence play more directly and produce more assists or goals if he is going to make it at Spurs. He's just not physically strong enough to play anywhere else except LW, RW or CAM, and unless he produces the goods, he won't get meaningful game time here, which means a waste of time, money and talent for all involved.

I also think he is a bit slower to develop and mature than other players. In a season or two, he could look and play differently, and have physically matured significantly, similar to how Sess changed in his year abroad at Hoffenheim (where he looks to have hit the gym hard and really filled out).

He needs a loan somewhere else. Valencia is not a good team for him to develop in I think- a bit of a bottleneck of average players in front of goal, and not much of a dynamic offense for him to participate in. Best scenario I can envision is relegation fodder prem team or promotion fighting champo team- somebody that will *really* need him to take shots and put the ball in the back of the net.

Gil really needs to learn how to influence play more directly and produce more assists or goals if he is going to make it at Spurs. He's just not physically strong enough to play anywhere else except LW, RW or CAM, and unless he produces the goods, he won't get meaningful game time here, which means a waste of time, money and talent for all involved. I also think he is a bit slower to develop and mature than other players. In a season or two, he could look and play totally difference and have matured significantly, similar to how Sess changed in his year abroad at Hoffenheim (where he looks to have hit the gym hard and really filled out alot).
Thanks for that informative post.

Barcelona scout German Vaya Ballabriga said of Gil last season: "Right now he is Spain's best footballer and I compare him with Neymar. He can do certain things and has great versatility, as he can play at full-back, in the middle or on the left wing. It's impressive. I have spoken with [Barcelona's sporting director] Raman Planes about him and he has Bryan Gil in mind."

Gil:
"In the Premier League, training sessions are very physical, very hard, and it has helped me not to notice fatigue now," he said. "It is very noticeable, really. It is a slightly higher level of intensity. I physically noticed it. The adaptation for me was difficult. It is a very physical football, back and forth. Being there has been good for me. I am more mature.

"I changed habits like eating, I had a chef at home and I gained two kilos. Even so, I noticed that it was not enough for the physical level that exists in the Premier League."

Barcelona scout German Vaya Ballabriga said of Gil last season: "Right now he is Spain's best footballer and I compare him with Neymar. He can do certain things and has great versatility, as he can play at full-back, in the middle or on the left wing. It's impressive. I have spoken with [Barcelona's sporting director] Raman Planes about him and he has Bryan Gil in mind."

Gil:
"In the Premier League, training sessions are very physical, very hard, and it has helped me not to notice fatigue now," he said. "It is very noticeable, really. It is a slightly higher level of intensity. I physically noticed it. The adaptation for me was difficult. It is a very physical football, back and forth. Being there has been good for me. I am more mature.

"I changed habits like eating, I had a chef at home and I gained two kilos. Even so, I noticed that it was not enough for the physical level that exists in the Premier League."
Why hasn't anyone told to Conte yet that Gil can play as FB? :cool:

Last edited:
I like Gil but what is this guy smoking...

With expert scouting like that, it isn't surprising they wasted half a billion quid on Dembele, Coutinho, Greizeman etc

I can just imagine his first scouting report in England:
"There is a young talented English midfielder that is set to take the world by storm. A technical monster, I compare him to the likes or Xavi or Iniesta. Mark Noble, they call him...."

FXYzp7BWQAQIRhb

Contes right v good footballer.. BUT atm not ready for the physicality of the prem... 2 HARD games a week for the foreseeable ... Atm He just couldn't do it ... Maybe in a couple of years who knows... Bale didn't exactly set the world alight for his first couple of seasons... And then .....BINGO

Contes right v good footballer.. BUT atm not ready for the physicality of the prem... 2 HARD games a week for the foreseeable ... Atm He just couldn't do it ... Maybe in a couple of years who knows... Bale didn't exactly set the world alight for his first couple of seasons... And then .....BINGO
Who the fuck are you to know that?

Back
Top Bottom