Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing currently for Valencia, HT vs Celta winning 1-0.

Poor quality game and he's not been on the ball a lot, playing left wing/mid.

He's a hard player to assess really. I'm not sure he's got the strength or the pace to be a genuine winger in England but he's defo got ability as well as a good workrate and attitude. Could possibly turn into a Silva type player - small, skillful, nice touch - but I'm not sure he's composed or intelligent enough, not yet at least, he's still young and developing.

In retrospect, making his purchase a 'buy + 2 year loan-back' deal was probably the wisest move......

The upheaval of new club > new club > new club over a similar time-frame will just get in the way of his growth.

Playing currently for Valencia, HT vs Celta winning 1-0.

Poor quality game and he's not been on the ball a lot, playing left wing/mid.

He's a hard player to assess really. I'm not sure he's got the strength or the pace to be a genuine winger in England but he's defo got ability as well as a good workrate and attitude. Could possibly turn into a Silva type player - small, skillful, nice touch - but I'm not sure he's composed or intelligent enough, not yet at least, he's still young and developing.
He's a lovely player to watch when he's flowing and playing well.. unfortunately think he's years away (and a positional change) from being useful for a top side. Much too frantic. I think he could be very good in a few years, but I don't see how we give him the game time, and loaning players out can be a mixed bag. Tough decision to be made on him in the summer.

He's a lovely player to watch when he's flowing and playing well.. unfortunately think he's years away (and a positional change) from being useful for a top side. Much too frantic. I think he could be very good in a few years, but I don't see how we give him the game time, and loaning players out can be a mixed bag. Tough decision to be made on him in the summer.
I feel you're right, don't see Conte being desperate to have him back for next season - do we loan him out again? Not ideal like you say.

Unless we think he's a deputy for Son, and getting only one assist for Valencia on loan suggests he has yet to find a way to get end product, I don't see a position for him at Spurs.

Which suggests another loan somewhere or if a Spanish/Italian club gives us what he cost might be the best option for us and him. Its a shame as first impressions of him playing in ECL were quite good but the lack of end product was a concern

Leaving aside his physical limitations I don’t really see where he fits in Conte’s system. Unless he has an incredible pre-season I think another loan is inevitable.

He has great talent but so far nowhere near ready to be a PL regular for us.

Leaving aside his physical limitations I don’t really see where he fits in Conte’s system. Unless he has an incredible pre-season I think another loan is inevitable.

He has great talent but so far nowhere near ready to be a PL regular for us.
I think if he bulked up a fair bit he could be a quality LWB. He seems pretty keen to work defensively, and actually has decent tackling ability.

Being able to take on the opposite winger/fb 1v1 and then deliver a quality cross is like 80% of being a WB. Being less good in front of goal is not as big of an issue as if we contniues as a winger.

I honestly think he could do the Modric role but he needs to play more centrally and be given the freedom to build confidence in the middle of the park. He’s getting older too so the guy needs to sort himself out and decide how committee he really is to becoming a top pro vs a decent squad player.

If people had to choose between ONE of Gil or Lo Celso to bring back next season (gotta choose one,
can't say neither,
can't have both!)
Who would you choose?

Unless we think he's a deputy for Son, and getting only one assist for Valencia on loan suggests he has yet to find a way to get end product, I don't see a position for him at Spurs.

Which suggests another loan somewhere or if a Spanish/Italian club gives us what he cost might be the best option for us and him. Its a shame as first impressions of him playing in ECL were quite good but the lack of end product was a concern
I think it's probably the same for Clarke. Unless we completely change how we currently play then I don't see how either fit, unless they are converted to wing backs, with a loan like Sessegnon had.

I honestly think Gill would be a more effective impact sub than Bergwjn or Moura for teams we’re struggling to break down. As such I definitely feel there’s minutes to be had for him next season.
Alternatively a loan to a southeast based club like Fulham or Brentford where he can be relatively close by but get some game time.

Can't wait to see this laddy back in a spurs shirt. He now needs to seriously decide what's most important to him, solidifying a place in the first team or continuing his acting career. He can't have both.

Back
Top Bottom