Burnley (A) 2/9 Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also loved the way Vicario celebrated that save like he'd scored a goal at 1-3
The deflection made it even more impressive
Sometimes, a save like that is as good as a goal.

Starting to think I may need to eat some humble pie on this one
Nice to hear Joan. Credit where it’s due.
To you and to the team today. I can’t fault our start to the league campaign. The cup result was disappointing but too many changes too soon.
Back on the tools today in a big way.

Also loved the way Vicario celebrated that save like he'd scored a goal at 1-3
The deflection made it even more impressive
Sometimes, a save like that is as good as a goal.

Starting to think I may need to eat some humble pie on this one
Tastes lovely if it means good things for THFC.

Yum yum.

Great ball through. But Son’s first touch is excellent into a perfect spot and his pace is enough to get the shot away.
Don’t think our other forward scores there.
Does Porro even make that pass to a bumble footed and misfiring RIcharlison?
I don’t think he does. He plays it down the wing instead. It was a fabulous passage of play to watch and so glad Sonny was scoring for fun.
May have lost a tiny bit of pace but he’s fuckimg deadly with the right service.

Lots to like about this performance. First 15 minutes were a mess, partly due to Burnley's early energy and high press. It took us a little while to figure it out, but once we started playing through it, we pretty much dominated the rest of the game - ball wise. Without the ball not always quite as effective, our forward pressing can be a bit lax and allow teams to play out too easily at times, but it's usually mopped up by the midfield, auxiliary midfield (ie fb's) or the quick snapping CB's (particularly Romero).

They're still the odd messy moment when a team breaks our press, and Porro is defensively weak, and it will be more worrying when we are playing quality teams.

Maddison was really good, and has impressed me since arriving, not just with his on ball stuff, but with his tactical awareness and off ball work, popping up in deep areas and helping us play through presses. And I am fucking loving, loving Bissouma. I always liked him, in France and Brighton, but it's like he's gone up a level this season to anything before. I had some slight doubts about his off ball discipline and ability but without the ball he's been almost as good as with it, and with it and on it he's fucking outstanding. Super composed and pressure resistant, but also makes good and progressive choices with the ball. The ability to have his pressure resistance in that pivotal remit is absolutely crucial to Ange's approach.

Some of the goals we scored to today were really fucking nice. That Son dink is possibly my favourite Son goal ever, such a clever finish, I love a dink. The Son hatrick goal where Maddison picks it up deep and drives a pass through two players to Porro, who then plays a divinely arced through ball to Son, who finished adroitly was lovely incisive football.

Liked the energy that Soloman brought, two good assists, a couple of haywire moments but generally would much rather him out there than Kulusevski. Really surprised he got hooked not Kulusevski.

The two we conceded were still a bit of a worry. Porro is a real give/take player. Good going forward, very suspect going backwards.

The front bunch can be very porous. If Johnson starts, I hope him and Soloman makes us a bit better more aggressive in the forward press.
Solomon got subbed cause we have a LW on the bench, our only RW outside of Kulu is Johnson.

Shut it, bitch.
no-i-dont-think-i-will.gif

Back
Top Bottom