Burnley away - 17:30 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Makes sense that Winks would be given a bit of time off, probably asked too much of him this season. Not every young player can take everything in their stride and rise to every challenge immediately. He needs to be managed properly and eased into a fixed starting role, which I'm confident he will have eventually.

The resson why we keep losing to big boys is bc some of our players keep passing for themselves. You might get away w shit teams but it doesnt cut it when going gets tough

Makes sense that Winks would be given a bit of time off, probably asked too much of him this season. Not every young player can take everything in their stride and rise to every challenge immediately. He needs to be managed properly and eased into a fixed starting role, which I'm confident he will have eventually.
Winks has a minor ankle injury hence why he isn't playing

So glad Tarkowski is suspended. Probably been the best centre back in the league this season. Mee though to be fair has been one of the most consistent over the past two seasons.

Defour and Cork also been great in central midfield this season. Defour has finally got to grips with the pace of the league and Cork has grown into an England international due to his fine form.

Hard working players like Arfield, Gudmundsson and Hendrick means this won't be easy. Dier, who is pretty average when under pressure will be under pressure all game and Wood has the ability to absolutely bully Vertonghen and Sanchez

We need to get Son and Aurier attacking their full backs constantly if we want something from this game

Ridiculous that Dele continues to start (watch him score now)

Very much happy with that back four though. Said it in this thread that it should be the back four that starts every game until Alderweireld is back fit

No issues with central midfield. Dier back where he belongs. Dembele is done and Winks is a little off form. Sissoko gives us something different in that he doesn't tend to get a nosebleed when high up the pitch.

Son to score today. Hope to see Lamela get more minutes too. Probably deserved a start
I don't think Dier will play midfield.
Pretty sure its Dele and Sissoko with a back three and two wing backs.
Three up top

Hopefully it's a back four though with Dier CM, but can't see it myself

RM can never beat Barca as long as there is Ronaldo epitome of player passing and playing for himself in the center of attack fucking up the team chemi amd spirit

It's almost as if we have three key players out with injuries

We have left Dembele and Lamela on the bench, given Llorente about 30 seconds playing time in the last 2 months, decided that it's better to pay Nkoudou 30k a week to sit at home on his PlayStation for two years and bought a young CB that we don't trust so lose Dier from midfield crippling two positions.

Complain about injuries all we like but the question is have we actually optimised use of the squad?

The answer is no

I think this game is bigger than it looks on paper.

Will put us level with Woolwich after thier draw and put us back in top 4 contention.

Lose and we skip behind again

I’d have kept in Trippier even after his nightmare last week. Could’ve used today to build his confidence back up as our defence should hardly be under pressure as they have few attacking options.

Other than that, Dembele in midfield as it’ll be tough to get the ball in there.

Not expecting a wide open game here.

Chatted to a guy with a Spurs top on in Waitrose today (blatant!) and he knows an “in the know” who has said it’s a done deal for Dele to RM in January for £50 million

I said bollocks and hopefully no truth in it

Guy also reckoned 3-1 to us which is far more credible

Dele 2 Harry 1

COYS

Back
Top Bottom