Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. But wasn't a penalty. I am very happy.
Very Sisokoesque
Again, I’m not complaining, I just genuinely can’t see where it hit his arm. Were they in an unnatural position, yea sure, but I can’t see the ball deviate from its trajectory.

Maybe it’s that I’ve gotten far too used to the afl touch line review where they look for clear deviation .
It definitely hit his arm and changes trajectory.

That was one for this year’s version of handball rules.

I actually thought he had missed for a second.
Brilliant, brilliant unstoppable pen. The GK did not even move.
Him not moving is nothing to do with the quality of the pen.

He was betting on Kane going down the middle. You always look foolish when it doesn't happen.

That said, even if he went the right way he was getting nowhere near that.

Our wing backs are the biggest issue, if teams sit deep then we need the wing backs to properly provide width, beat their man and get crosses in. Neither Emerson or Sessegnon have caused any trouble for Burnley's wing backs at all.

And even if we weren't in a Conte setup this would be true. We played a 4 under Poch and had Walker/Rose offering that width.
100%. 80m on two wingbacks in the summer palease Levy!

Anyone who says that is delusional. He had a couple of competent defensive performances. He is still extremely limited and needs to be got rid of at the first opportunity. This club needs to have higher standards, the odd decent game isn't enough for someone to be in our starting eleven.

Performances like that are easy as well. Look at the Burnley players today, makeshift wing backs & 2nd/3rd choice CB's, yet they look heroic and highly competent because they're sat back in their shape with loads of support and little space for the opposition to attack.

Any half decent professional can be told sit in, be tenacious and defend. He had a simple role and to his credit did it it admirably, but that's about it .. any game where he's asked to do more he simply does not deliver.

Come on, where are the 'we should keep Emerson' guys.
He has certainly improved and you can’t doubt his desire and enthusiasm
Both 100%

Same applies to Doherty

But would either be in CL title chasing side?

Debatable and I’m including Sess PEH and Sanchez here but for another thread maybe

Just hope we can bury these quickly so I can get on with my 3kg pork Shoulder roast!!

Anyone else a little tired of sess pushing the ball inside with his first touch ?

I wanna see him open his body and push it down the line and start asking some questions of the full back

I’m normally pretty harsh on Lucas but thought he’s the only one having a go

He’s beating a man which until the pen was the only way of breaking down this lot
Yep that's why I was okay with him starting.

Kane, Son and Kulu are immense on the counter when there is space to work in but against a packed defence then tend to play in front of the defence the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom