Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

let's prepare for this one..

6g4eju.jpg

Ben Davies, being interviewed after Thursday night's magnificent win, "It was bouncing even before the kick off. We need that on Sunday too."

Something tells me he might just get it.

Starting to feel bad about the Brighton game …. Anyone think we still lose if we swapped that picnic atmosphere for anything resembling the other night ?

I’m certain we got that penalty because of the force of the crowd

We’re in this together

I'd much rather us playing Burnley at home than Newcastle away in this CL chase.
That 5-0 thrashing we dished out to Burnley in December 2019 (with 2 great goals from Kane and the Puskas award winner from Son) is still fresh in the memory. Can't believe that it has been 2 and a half years since then, but I would love another similar performance!!

Tricky one, this.

Burnley fighting for their lives, so they have to go for it.

Risky for them to sit and block and hope to hit us on the break.

As we've expended so much energy just a couple days ago, might be wise to let them come on when they have the ball and open up holes in behind and hit them.

Risk if we go all out for early goals - pressing and balls-out - we'll likely tire and that means mental tiredness; and that is not good for this game.

They'll be looking to fully capitalise on set peices, so we must maintain levels of concentration, throughout.

I think that's the key to this game, for us.

Make sure we are very organised, concentrated and disciplined in defence (especially set-pieces) and then trust our forward quality.

Back
Top Bottom