Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree but not today. Next game he should start. So far the bit parts I've seen he's close but not fully there. A world beater that hasn't played much. We can't risk a result today just for the sake of minutes for him.

Playing him today would have been no more of a risk to the result than playing Moura who as well as his forward bumbling has a bad habit of giving clumsy free kicks away in dangerous positions like he did today.

Can't really say anything that hasn't been said already, but so happy with the three points. That was a bit of a grind, but been on the wrong side of games like that so many times in the past, so not turning my nose up at that.
I love Harry and Sonny - what a combination. We are so lucky to have them, and I wouldn't swap them for anybody else. World class.
Shout outs to Hugo and Erik too, as they made crucial contributions to the victory.

It is semi-plebian on account of those two things being basically the same thing!
Well, you know what I mean - all this 'omg they've matched the Pires-Henry combination' stat malakey.

It doesn't sit right with me because of relative sample sizes (i.e. the Lampard-Drogba combo is so high because they played for so long together). Their performances this season are all I care about right now.

Well, you know what I mean - all this 'omg they've matched the Pires-Henry combination' stat malakey.

It doesn't sit right with me because of relative sample sizes (i.e. the Lampard-Drogba combo is so high because they played for so long together). Their performances this season are all I care about right now.
i agree, those stats don't mean much without 'games played' in one of the columns

Can't really say anything that hasn't been said already, but so happy with the three points. That was a bit of a grind, but been on the wrong side of games like that so many times in the past, so not turning my nose up at that.
I love Harry and Sonny - what a combination. We are so lucky to have them, and I wouldn't swap them for anybody else. World class.
Shout outs to Hugo and Erik too, as they made crucial contributions to the victory.
Well said Mrs P...makes a change for it to be us grinding out the 3pts and clearing headers off the line.
More than honourable mention for Toby tonight too. Wondered how he’d react after having his head split open but was in the thick of it and wrestling with Barnes & Wood all night 👍🏻

Absolutely do not mind Bale getting snubbed today BTW. At 0-0 when struggling there could be an argument for rolling the dice and throwing him on but as soon as we were sitting on a one goal lead he'd have been a poor choice. If he's not fully fit he ain't gonna be too hot when trying to defend.

It doesn't sit right with me because of relative sample sizes (i.e. the Lampard-Drogba combo is so high because they played so long together). Their performances this season are all I care about right now.
That's much less plebeian. Yeah, the stats are definitely weird and the table that is suddenly being thrown around everywhere is just something the media have constructed because of the Kane and Son hype. It didn't exist before this season, let alone in the form of a graphic that Sky Sports displays during matches.

Back
Top Bottom