Burnley Vs Tottenham - Weds 23rd Feb - KO 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The wins against City do not reflect our true level we have seen that with the other results .I would be happy enough if we were beating all the sides well below us because at least I would feel its a starting point .Beating City was great but we saw last night it didn't give us any gee up we should have been buzzing last night instead reverted to type .

Yeah yeah I know, some of you don't like xG, but by no metric did we create enough. We had barely any genuinely key chances. They had the best chance of the match by far and didn't even score from it. The only time we really threatened was when they were sat deep holding on to the lead.

Our standards have plummeted through the fucking ground in to the depths of hell if this kind of performance constitutes playing well to some of our fans.

We have struggled for years to break down teams that sit back; draws against teams like Swansea, West Brom, Sunderland in the two seasons we were good, come to mind. And that was when we had decent wing backs and Erickson and Dembele. Now we are weaker in those areas and in defence, so we get beat rather than draw.

And if only Winks hadn't screwed up the diplomatic negotiation with Putin, we wouldn't have the Ukrainian crisis. What he was doing creating the Covid 19 virus beggars belief.
Him and PEH are atrocious. Sooner you loons recognise this the better. We will win a few games with them around, and lose more

Get out wankers, your not wanted anymore

The wins against City do not reflect our true level we have seen that with the other results .I would be happy enough if we were beating all the sides well below us because at least I would feel its a starting point .Beating City was great but we saw last night it didn't give us any gee up we should have been buzzing last night instead reverted to type .

Exactly this.

Saturday was a blip in that it was a super performance and one we are capable of but no different now from other mid-table teams.

We have no consistency and that isn't just about talent but about so many things.

Investment in players is only one part of that fix.

You don’t rate Moura, Skipp or Hojbjerg? Bentancur and Kulusevski have both looked the part since their arrival. Romero looks like the real deal and Dier has improved immensely at CB. Spurs obviously don’t have the quality compared to the squads over the last decade but they definitely have some talent that is far from plodders behind the top3
No i dont rate Moura or Hojbjerg. I'd sell both in the summer if we can. Skipp i like but its his first full season. The 2 new signings have just shown up and its too early to judge. Romero seems decent but is obviously weak in the air. Our squad outside of the front 2 is no better than Wolves or Villa.

We have struggled for years to break down teams that sit back; draws against teams like Swansea, West Brom, Sunderland in the two seasons we were good, come to mind. And that was when we had decent wing backs and Erickson and Dembele. Now we are weaker in those areas and in defence, so we get beat rather than draw.
Last night - in the first half - Burnley did not sit back, they were all over us. But we still didnt score.

The worst thing is, I'm not even surprised we lost and played so shite. Bar a couple very short spells, we were just plain awful. After 30 odd mins, it was super easy to predict how that was gonna end.

Burnley were far more aggressive, far better organised, and they played some really good stuff. Tarks and Mee were very solid at the back, Roberts caused a lot of trouble when he ran at our defence, McNeil was excellent, and that Weghorst is a monster.

Just a totally unprofessional showing. Not the first one this season...and unfortunately not the last. We're not top 4, more like top 8-10. And that's because we have Kane & Hugo.

That's not what they did though.

They pressed us pretty high, and they got the ball off us plenty of times.

When you're prodded and probed like that you either pass quicker, dribble out of pressure or kick it long. We did NONE of those things right.

The team was practically INSISTING on playing it slow despite Bunrley upping the tempo.
100%.

I mean, it was totally moronic some (most?) sequences. Lloris/Dier had to get it going, the Burnley press machine was already activated, it was utterly obvious we were gonna struggle hard to beat it...and yet we still tried. Fast forward a few seconds and Burnley had the ball and were dangerous. Aaaaannd repeat. Again. And again.

Our press on the other end was pathetic. Blind and amputated snails would've been able to play through it.

The boys just went in that game way too confident, saw themselves way too good after the City win. And didn't work hard. Classic stuff from that squad that's gotta be in the top 3 for weakest mentality and shittiest attitude.

Burnley made us look like a bottom half team. Whereas they looked way better than a team fighting relegation. And to be honest, they should be further up the league table than they are...at least 2 or 3 of their many draws should've been wins. And they were unlucky to lose some of their 9. Regardless, they were the better team and fully deserved their 3 pts.

Exactly I said that earlier. What is contes tactics for the first half? As he kind of changes in the 2nd half which works for a few minutes but then it reverts to type. Stupid tactics and formation again v bottom
Club. So now the great Conte has lost to duche, Ralph h and Bruno and in all of those games we deserved f all.

Once more, knives out for Conte.

Idiotic in the extreme, given how ill fitting the group is to his needs, plus him openly saying the club adjusted it's position in the window (effectively writing off top 4 aims/expectations by not delivering his requisite framework).

Well I had a total blackout on the game due to being in the hospital having the full middle aged man rodding and rebore under general anaesthetic this afternoon.
Spent the match in surgery recovery ward with no phone or real inclination to follow the game as very very sore/uncomfortable. Only found out the score when being transferred to the Hobs ward.

Turns out I have had the best night on here by the look of things.
Even in your state, you'd have produced more than Royal and Sess combined.

Speedy recovery, pal

Back
Top Bottom