Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shame it didn't work out for him with us, but don't think he was at the level we needed to kick on as a top 4 team. There's no disgrace in that and I wish him well, wherever he ends up :)

CwnKizEWgAAfsFi.jpg:large

Senior call up!

It's a learning step for him. Still only 19 years old.

Wycombe are a very physical team and Akinfenwa would bully a lot of top class Premier League full backs to be honest. I think at times though he just sort of stood on the ball too long, Pochettino will coach that out of him though I hope and just advise him to get rid of the ball quicker.

Made a bad mistake for PSG opening goal.

Every time I've seen him I haven't been blown away, although others say he's very talented. Not sure on this one.

Carter Vickers’ Mum is a teacher at my kids primary school. Been praying she’d get into her class for ages so I could grill her for knowledge on parents evenings
:eriksenlol:
Sadly hasn’t happened yet
:dembelewtf:

Would be a real smart move for him - though doesn't help the Caulker comparisons.

I do sadly think Championship is probably round about his level.

Is this 100%?

We do seem to have a 'Special relationship' with Swansea regarding players:
Naughton, Caulker, Carroll, Routledge, Siggy (to us) and now maybe Carter-Vickers...

Maybe it's a kit thing?
He's subconsciously being trained to pick out white shirts...
Next stop, Madrid!
Dont forget Vorm Davies and the six points they gave us.

yes that's exactly what i said

Well you said our "amazing" academy was a myth.

Four players from that "amazing" academy started and got a point away at the Nou Camp and another one made his Premier League debut just 2 days ago.

So I'm not really sure what you mean. Unless of course, our academy is pretty amazing and has produced more England internationals than any other over the last 10 years.

and unless CCV, Onomah and Edwards leave us on free transfers (which is pretty unlikely), I'd say our academy has been successful with those three too. Our academies job is to produce professional footballers. It does that as good as any.

Last edited:
Wasn't considering selling players as a win.

Over the last few years, CCV, Onomah, Edwards, Sterling, Griffiths, KWP have all been proclaimed as a future starting XI in the senior squad. Now KWP is the only one left with a real chance.

I think making money on any player you haven't specifically paid money for is always a win - especially when it's someone you've developed for over a decade.

They were proclaimed as future starters in the same way that every club and their set of fans predict future youth stars as being in the first team (circumstances can change). Those players mentioned aren't even all part of the same age group though. Realistically, you should be happy for 1 (or at a stretch 2) players making it to the first team and playing at Premier League level.

2008-2012 saw our youth team consist of Kane, Mason, Townsend, Adam Smith, Livermore, Button, Obika, Rose, Caulker, Carroll, Pritchard, Fredericks, Archer, Luongo, Coulthirst, Oduwa, Cox, Parrett, Bostock etc.

6 of those mentioned went on to get an international cap with England (Kane, Mason, Townsend, Livermore, Rose, Caulker)
3 of those mentioned went on to get international caps elsewhere (Archer, Luongo, Cox)
10 of those mentioned went on to play for Premier League football. (Kane, Mason, Townsend, Smith, Livermore, Rose, Caulker, Carroll, Pritchard, Fredericks)
15 of those mentioned above played for Tottenham in competitive games.

From sales, we made near on £50,000,000 on that lot, and we all know the price of Harry kane.

2013-2017 saw our youth team consist of Bentaleb, Veljkovic, Ball, McEvoy, Ceballos, Winks, Onomah, Azzaoui, Harrison, Sterling, Carter-Vickers, Walkes, Georgiou, Amos, Walker-Peters, Edwards, Lesniak, Marsh, Oakley-Boothe etc.

Not sure why I've done this in four year increments but it worked out better that way. Quite a few Internationals in that this group with Bentaleb, Veljkovic, Winks, Carter-Vickers and Georgiou.

Some would actually argue that the last 5 years hasn't been the best development wise for Tottenham regarding FUTURE Premier League players, could also be a reason why the likes of Onomah and Edwards etc. got high praise amongst mediocrity.

But a lot of people believe the next generation is the best we've had, especially since the class of 2008 bunch. Skipp, Bowden, Eyoma, Lyons-Foster, Maghoma, Shashoua are all ones to look out for.

Yea, this game time thing was also my point. I was surprised he has played so much.

But I really doubt about 10 mil pricetag. If he'd be worth it, some club to where he has been to would have made some kind of offer.

Difficult to assess but I think the fact that he has been getting game time at a few Championship clubs, with different managers to the extent of getting almost 90 appearances at age 22 means that whilst we think he may not be good enough for Spurs atm, he's definitely good enough for even top Championship sides and I wouldn't rule him out of making it back to PL at some stage in his career.

£10m might be an upper limit - but if for example we wanted a Championship player like Jarrod Bowen at Hull and they were happy with CCV I think we could see transfer values of £20m for Bowen and £10m for CCV (ie a net £10m for Spurs to get Bowen) and everybody is happy.....

Mind-blowing that he's still only 22.... Seems to be shaping up nicely and v.experienced for his age..... I'd give him a new deal and get him another loan; promising that there's a pathway here for him.
I think it's probably make-or-break for CCV this season.
If Mourinho thinks from pre-season and watching him in training that CCV may be able to play at PL level, then we'd be foolish not to keep him in the first team squad. Our early season schedule is insane, and there will be injuries.
Given CCV has far more competitive experience than any other of our Academy / Development Squad defenders, and he'll count as Club Home Grown so is effectively a free selection in our squad, he could do an important job for us in an emergency.
And if he takes that opportunity and proves he can play at this level, that would be great for CCV and the club.
I think it's similar to the Ryan Mason situation, where Mason was 22-23 when he got his first team chance, except CCV's loans have generally been more successful than Ryan's.
I'd extend his contract by a season and keep him in the squad at least until the window closes, and then see what happens.
Also, I stand to be corrected, but it's rumoured CCV is on £20k per week, so only Championship clubs and above could afford him.

Back
Top Bottom