Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I'd rather not have all 3 of our CBs(if Vlad is still waiting for his work permit) on the field at the same time at the beginning of the game.
Vlad received work permit yesterday,according to mass media...he's ready for a debut,maybe sunday,vs.Cardiff.

I think we'll win 1 or 2 nil. I don't see Cardiff scoring against us; if they get past our midfield, they have to get past our defence, and if they get past that they need to get past Lloris. I just don't believe they have enough to do that. But I don't think they will be a push over or make many mistakes either.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Kaboul Vertonghen
Sandro Paulinho
Townsend Eriksen Sigurdsson
Soldado​

There really is something very neat & tidy about that line-up!
(I have a hunch that Lamela would perhaps get in ahead of EITHER Andros or Siggy, but otherwise... pretty strong!)

This is gonna be a tough game but to mix it with the best we have to win these games. Atmosphere is gonna be electric and we have to shut them up with a solid and professional performance. Would be a huge win with 3 home games in the next 4 after this.

This is gonna be a tough game but to mix it with the best we have to win these games. Atmosphere is gonna be electric and we have to shut them up with a solid and professional performance. Would be a huge win with 3 home games in the next 4 after this.

Especially leading into one of the biggest games of the season hosting Chelskeet next week.

Sky Sports, preview Cardiff City-Tottenham:
"...Defender Younes Kaboul (adductor) and midfielder Mousa Dembele (ankle) also came off against the Norwegians, but manager Andre Villas-Boas is confident both will be fit for the trip to Wales.
Etienne Capoue (ankle) and Aaron Lennon (foot) are out, winger Nacer Chadli (adductor) is doubtful, but defender Vlad Chiriches could make his debut after finally receiving his work permit..."

My wish team for sunday, away game in Cardiff :;)

Lloris-Walker,Dawson,Chiriches,Vertonghen-Sandro(or Dembele if he's ok after injury)
,Paulinho-Townsend,Eriksen,Sigurdsson-Soldado
why not??? if Kaboul and Rose are injured,this is a possible team

Last edited:
Sky Sports, preview Cardiff City-Tottenham:
"...Defender Younes Kaboul (adductor) and midfielder Mousa Dembele (ankle) also came off against the Norwegians, but manager Andre Villas-Boas is confident both will be fit for the trip to Wales.
Etienne Capoue (ankle) and Aaron Lennon (foot) are out, winger Nacer Chadli (adductor) is doubtful, but defender Vlad Chiriches could make his debut after finally receiving his work permit..."

My wish team for sunday, away game in Cardiff :;)

Lloris-Walker,Dawson,Chiriches,Vertonghen-Sandro(or Dembele if he's ok after injury)
,Paulinho-Townsend,Eriksen,Sigurdsson-Soldado
why not??? if Kaboul and Rose are injured,this is a possible team

I like it, but I think it's more likely Naughton will start at left back instead of Verts and that Chiriches will make his debut in the League Cup. You never know though... and apart from those positions I agree with your other selections :)

I like it, but I think it's more likely Naughton will start at left back instead of Verts and that Chiriches will make his debut in the League Cup. You never know though... and apart from those positions I agree with your other selections :)
this is wonderful for a manager (coach) to have many good players ,and you,like manager,to don't know how to play ,having many possibilities of playing,because the players are polyvalents...speaking just about defensive line with 4 players for Tottenham are many situations like this in the present:
1>Walker-Dawson-Vertonghen-Rose (classic) (when Kaboul,Chiriches,Naughton stay- injuries,red cards etc)
2>Walker-Dawson-Chiriches-Rose (when Kaboul,Vertonghen,Naughton stay)
3>Walker-Kaboul-Chiriches-Naughton (when Dawson,Vertonghen,Rose stay)
4>Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose (when Dawson,Chiriches,Naughton stay)
5>Walker-Dawson-Kaboul-Rose (when Chiriches,Vertonghen,Naughton stay)
6>Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose (when Kaboul,Dawson,Naughton stay)
7>Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Naughton (when Kaboul,Dawson,Rose stay)
8>Chiriches-Dawson-Vertonghen-Rose (when Walker,Kaboul,Naughton stay)
9>Chiriches-Dawson-Vertonghen-Naughton (when Walker,Kaboul,Rose stay)
...and so on...you know now my point of view!!! etc etc...

about Vlad Chiriches,if Spurs fans don't know about him,play with both legs=left-strong,right-very strong)could play: first role like LCB,then second role like RCB,then third role like RB (!!! I BET THAT MANY OF YOU DON'T KNOW HE COULD PLAY LIKE RIGHT BACK:D),then fourth role like DM (he played here when was younger (youth time)...just to mention that third and fourth role he play there ,just in case of emergency ! when holder players (titular) on these places missing...:cool: he said about himself when he was Steaua player "...i play central defender to be clearly from the start,then in case of emergency ,i could play like right back (don't like there so much,but i'll do my best)...":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Whoever starts it's impossible to lose. Against Tromso I thought that we fielded a too good team but then I thought that it do not matter who playes we are unrealistically strong anyways. :dwi:

I think Vertonghen has to play CB

Would rather see someone like Naughton at LB then move Vertonghen... Especially with Dawson in the lineup

If Kaboul is 100% I would be okay with Vertonghen at LB but I don't believe he is

Back
Top Bottom