Cardiff v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you kidding?

Poch's subs are the biggest criticism of his management.

No one is blaming him for running players into the ground for no reason though, and fucking our season up.

They are only blaming Levy for having a shit squad with champo cloggers in it that poor Poch dare not use so has to play the fatigued players every single minute.

No one is raging at Poch over it, dont pretend otherwise

Well I thought they looked knackered against Wolves. Or maybe lacking a bit of motivation. Or both.

Everything a manager says is there to be interpreted.
It is both.

These two just can't get their head around the fact tiredness is one of them.

Guess what, other managers have also bemoaned tiredness.

If fatigue around Christmas isn't real? Why are there talks to have a Xmas break?

HMM...

**mic drop**

But not due to a run of 3 gamess in 6 days too?

You don't think fatigue can also be mental combined with the physical? Do our dispossession stats from the Wolves game not prove that.

Tell, you what mate, go play 3 games in 6 days, even at a low intensity, tell me how you feel during that 3rd one.
Not a valid comparison. These guys have the finest medical, equipment and recovery facilities that money can buy. They play on billiard tables of pitches and have dieticians and sports scientist to prepare them for the next game.

You can't compare it with Sunday league. Sure they're going to feel it after the third game, but they're elite athletes.

No energy against Wolves.
Two days later we've plenty against Cardiff.
Same team (bar Rose, who was pretty good today).
I can't explain it other than it's nothing to do with energy and tiredness, but more to do with mentality and an on-field leader.

We where just as tired today you could see it just Cardiff are shit and Wolves are a decent side

No one is blaming him for running players into the ground for no reason though, and fucking our season up.

They are only blaming Levy for having a shit squad with champo cloggers in it that poor Poch date not use so has to play the fatigued players every single week.
No reason?

Because we have 7 first team injuries.

If fatigue around Christmas isn't real? Why are there talks to have a Xmas break? Which has been endorsed by the Physiotherapy/Sports Science institutions across Europe?

Odd, that.

Not a valid comparison. These guys have the finest medical, equipment and recovery facilities that money can buy. They have dieticians and sports scientist to prepare them for the next game.

You can't compare it with Sunday league. Sure they're going to feel it after the third game, but they're elite athletes.
That's why I said low intensity. These guys playing at the highest intensity possible.

As I've said...

If fatigue around Christmas isn't real as is being said by these two? Why are there talks to have a Xmas break? Which has been endorsed by the Physiotherapy/Sports Science institutions across Europe?

No reason?

Because we have 7 first team injuries.

If fatigue around Christmas isn't real? Why are there talks to have a Xmas break? Which has been endorsed by the Physiotherapy/Sports Science institutions across Europe?

Odd, that.
Haha
Kane is fatigued but Llorente had no reason to take his place for an hour at 3-0 up with no shots against us?

Give me a break

Never understood why we don’t take Kane off when we’re 3-0 up with half hour to go. With a cup semi final and Man Utd next week, we need all the goals we can get.

It is both.

These two just can't get their head around the fact tiredness is one of them.

Guess what, other managers have also bemoaned tiredness.

If fatigue around Christmas isn't real? Why are there talks to have a Xmas break?

HMM...

**mic drop**
I think Wembley is a factor. I think it sucks the life out of us at times.

Of course I think fatigue is an issue around Xmas. I think the scheduling is ridiculous.

Nobody mentions our injuries
We had Lamela come me off the bench for Everton and on it but not used Bournemouth when Dele was injured. Dele comes back v Wolves and Lamela is injured.
That’s been the story of all season, get one back another goes out
So Dier Wanayama Dembele Lamela Aurier Vertonghen injured but we choose not to Rotate.
Winks and Sissoko have played in CM for 3 games on the trot, and their 4th today is because we wanted to give them a chance to rectify the Wolves game.
In fact Everyone who started v Wolves, except Davies who didn’t seem to be given the chance.
Today for some reason ( sorting out a transfer?) we bring back Llorente who was missing from the bench for Everton ( but we had Lamela) and Wolves ( when we don’t have Lamela) but bring in from the cold Nkoudo instead of selecting him.
So what was wrong with Fernando?

Sports science?

Lose = Fatigue
Win = Combating fatigue brilliantly

No thanks
Thought not. Who'd want to be educated on the subject.

Premier League winter break to come into force in 2019-20 season

There is evidence to suggest a winter break – already in existence in Germany, Italy, France and Spain – would benefit players physically and mentally. A Uefa study published in 2013 indicated that a player is four times more likely to be injured in the final three months of the Premier League season than over the same period in other European leagues.

It will also remove fatigue as mitigation for the England team underperforming at major tournaments. “If you were to look at other countries that do it, their technical people say, it’s as much the mental break as the physical one,” Glenn said.

“There is nothing as intense as an English Premier League season, with 38 games that all count for something. The hope is that players will be more mentally rested, which makes them fresher. From an England point of view they will hopefully go into end‑of‑season tournaments with a bit more verve and vim.”

Game over lads.

Thought not. Who'd want to be educated on the subject.

Premier League winter break to come into force in 2019-20 season

There is evidence to suggest a winter break – already in existence in Germany, Italy, France and Spain – would benefit players physically and mentally. A Uefa study published in 2013 indicated that a player is four times more likely to be injured in the final three months of the Premier League season than over the same period in other European leagues.

It will also remove fatigue as mitigation for the England team underperforming at major tournaments. “If you were to look at other countries that do it, their technical people say, it’s as much the mental break as the physical one,” Glenn said.

“There is nothing as intense as an English Premier League season, with 38 games that all count for something. The hope is that players will be more mentally rested, which makes them fresher. From an England point of view they will hopefully go into end‑of‑season tournaments with a bit more verve and vim.”

Game over lads.

I didn’t say fatigue doesn’t exist
I said we aren’t fatigued and our place in the PL shows that we aren’t

Back
Top Bottom