Cardiff v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We win and City win and the way I would look at the festive window is that we didn't lose ground on Liverpool and gained 6 points on City so it's a big game for sure and one we need to win

Cannot believe some think we will catch Liverpool. Top 4 was always the target and we have a 7 point gap. So disappointed re Wolves. Just did not see that coming. Just no chances in the 2nd half and being under pressure was a massive worry. Coming on the back of that performance it is difficult to know who should be rested. Missed the equaliser as stream went down but blame Lloris for 2nd and really did not take in what went wrong with the 3rd. Not watched any playbacks and therefore cannot really know who should be left out. However unless we get players on the pitch with a new lease of life think our first draw in the premiership is coming up.

We win and City win and the way I would look at the festive window is that we didn't lose ground on Liverpool and gained 6 points on City so it's a big game for sure and one we need to win

Good way of looking at it to be honest.

If we can end the festive period no worse off top I'd consider that a job well done.

We haven't got anything to moan about. You could fit on one hand the number of people who thought we'd be 2nd by the end of December and above City.

I don't want Lloris to start tbh.

---------------------Gazza--------------------
Kwp------Sanchez-----Toby------Rose
-----------------------Skipp-------------------
--------------Eriksen-----Winks-----------
------------------------Alli-----------------------
----------------Kane-------Moura----------

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this game as I have not been to Cardiff away before and I reckon there will be a cracking atmosphere. Does any one else remember when we played them in the league cup at WHL. That was a mad atmosphere.

Really looking forward to this game as I have not been to Cardiff away before and I reckon there will be a cracking atmosphere. Does any one else remember when we played them in the league cup at WHL. That was a mad atmosphere.
Was that early 2000s? I remember being locked in Rudolph's by the Police before the game for my 'own protection'

It was a living nightmare.

:adegrin:

He wont drop Hugo, Gazza will play vs Tranmere.

Lloris

KWP - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose

Winks - Sissoko (Again, i doubt he'll put Skipp in to start, also will make a point to Danny Boy in the stands)

Lucas - Eriksen - Son

Kane

I don't want Lloris to start tbh.

---------------------Gazza--------------------
Kwp------Sanchez-----Toby------Rose
-----------------------Skipp-------------------
--------------Eriksen-----Winks-----------
------------------------Alli-----------------------
----------------Kane-------Moura----------
Drop lloris and the Media will be all over it. We can do without that and it would devalue his worth. He has not done enough wrong recently to drop him and he will be picked. He will miss the cup game and not sure re League cup.

Another game coming thick and fast (we also play Tranmere THREE days after this too).

Not really looking forward to this. Still proper pissed off from the Wolves result. Cardiff are relatively okay at home for an average team and will put 11 men behind the ball, which has shown to stifle us this season. When you factor in how tired our players looked today, that's a recipe for disaster.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Eriksen - Skipp - Dele
Son - Kane - Lucas
Give Sissoko and Winks a rest ffs - they've played far too much football recently. We will have 60%+ possession. Get Rose and KWP wide. Get Eriksen controlling midfield, Skipp there for a bit of defensive protection for when they aim to counter, give Dele a few more minutes (rest him against Tranmere).

Sneaky 0-1 win.

Agree with the general philosophy.

But by starting all of our fit attacking options (other than Llorente) we do not have anyone on the bench should we need it, and we have an FA cup game just a couple of days later.

So I'd play Sissoko in midfield (he's a physically strong player) and leave Dele on the bench.

I'm not assuming any of the injured are available for either Cardiff or the Tranmere FA Cup game, but I hope we have a youngster like Jack Roles (Dele style player) or Anthony Georgiou (winger) on the bench v Cardiff who will be more involved v Tranmere (resting other first team players) , rather that N'Koudou who seems to have failed all previous auditions.

Back
Top Bottom