Cardiff v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not a thing that just randomly sets in whenever.

I know it’s not.
I’m not the one complaining about it every 8 or 9 games, and not mentioning it for two months when we are winning.

No one has answered why they don’t think Poch isn’t showing gross negligence when he could have subbed players after half an hour today.

You think points are worth more than players mentally and physically destroying themselves?
Do you think it’s a disgrace that he made Kane play 90 when the game was dead?

“Tranmere” is not an answer

I know it’s not.
I’m not the one complaining about it every 8 or 9 games, and not mentioning it for two months when we are winning
Well people don't mention because when we are winning we are just happy that we are winning and not necessarily thinking about possible problems in the future. Doesn't mean that it's not happening or that no one thought of it.
I for one am always worried about the physical condition of our players, even if I don't always mention it, because I can see that our squad is not the deepest and we ask a lot of these guys every week. I can barely bring myself to do a few push ups when it's a cloudy miserable day, let alone putting in the kind of hours that these guys do in the gym or on the training pitch and then playing two matches of the highest level of football most weeks, probably whilst carrying pains and aches all over. So I don't doubt their mentality or whatever, I just acknowledge that they are still human and are giving a whole lot more than I ever could, so it's ok if they have a bad day here and there.

3-0 up after 26mins... that's roughly a goal every 9 minutes from kick off....
Based on that, we shoulda won by 9 or 10.

Poch out!

Warnock thinks we shouldn’t have an advantage by going home, but thinks it’s fine we are disadvantaged.

Notice how no one “cheated” today.
So now it’s the stadium and we aren’t contenders....

How about the PL force them into the Welsh League where they should be

Well people don't mention because when we are winning we are just happy that we are winning and not necessarily thinking about possible problems in the future. Doesn't mean that it's not happening or that no one thought of it.
I for one am always worried about the physical condition of our players, even if I don't always mention it, because I can see that our squad is not the deepest and we ask a lot of these guys every week. I can barely bring myself to do a few push ups when it's a cloudy miserable day, let alone putting in the kind of hours that these guys do in the gym or on the training pitch and then playing two matches of the highest level of football most weeks, probably whilst carrying pains and aches all over. So I don't doubt their mentality or whatever, I just acknowledge that they are still human and are giving a whole lot more than I ever could, so it's ok if they have a bad day here and there.

Ahh so it’s ok if they have a mental breakdown as long as we win

Gotcha

No one has answered why they don’t think Poch isn’t showing gross negligence when he could have subbed players after half an hour today.

You think points are worth more than players mentally and physically destroying themselves?

I can't tell you why Poch did what, I'm not in his head. My guess is that A: He was extra worried about securing the win given what happened last time, or B: He thought that the game wasn't that intense anyway so it's fine to leave them out there and let them grab a few more goals, or C: Tranmere!

I know it’s not.
I’m not the one complaining about it every 8 or 9 games, and not mentioning it for two months when we are winning.

Not sure why he didn’t sub Kane after 60. Maybe he was worried that we might concede a flurry of goals again, or maybe Kane has mentioned that he wants to stay on longer if he’s looking like scoring. Kane sets a lot of personal targets for himself, so perhaps he’s had a discussion with Pochettino. He probably should have added at least one more goal in the second half.

Personally I’d have taken him off, but there’s all sorts of factors and potential reasons, including plain and simple bad management. No manager is infallible.

Back
Top Bottom