Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really liked when he came on v Leeds for a few minutes , he just looked sharp.
Think he needs to be starting far more or getting minutes in the Premier league more.
Good player and good finisher..
Exactly, he made 2 very good runs that Kane could've passed with his left foot but decided to play it backwards instead. He's also faster than normal for a lad of his size. I like him, I don't know why José doesn't play him more in the EPL side when we're looking for a goal.

There’s goals in him. Also very alert. More of a classical striker than Kane, but I think that his Son and Harry can play together.

all three have good hold up play and run into pockets. They can raise all sorts of havoc on defences

Last edited:
When he’s being picked, he’s scoring goals and playing well. What the fuck more do you want him to do? When Bergwijn is being picked, he’s not performing and not scoring the goals we need from him. It’s pretty damn simple dude. Bergwijn out, Vinicius in.
But can Vinicius perform the wide-forward play and defensive role that Mourinho requires from Bergwijn? I suspect that swap would require a change in formation.

When he’s being picked, he’s scoring goals and playing well. What the fuck more do you want him to do? When Bergwijn is being picked, he’s not performing and not scoring the goals we need from him. It’s pretty damn simple dude. Bergwijn out, Vinicius in.

Okay, you are obviously simpleton, let it be...

But just shortly for others who can see at least 1 color between black and white -
1) Fact that he is picked only against shit teams is also an indicator of trust (or lacking of it)
2) Bergwijn does not play as CF with aim to "keep the ball up and score the goals", so putting Vinicius in for him will mean tactical change
3) Even though Bergwijn have been missing out on good chances and lack of goalscoring from his side is a worry, there is no denying that as a team we have played better with him starting than other alternatives (for that go and see Wolves and Leicester games)

Okay, you are obviously simpleton, let it be...

But just shortly for others who can see at least 1 color between black and white -
1) Fact that he is picked only against shit teams is also an indicator of trust (or lacking of it)
2) Bergwijn does not play as CF with aim to "keep the ball up and score the goals", so putting Vinicius in for him will mean tactical change
3) Even though Bergwijn have been missing out on good chances and lack of goalscoring from his side is a worry, there is no denying that as a team we have played better with him starting than other alternatives (for that go and see Wolves and Leicester games)

Yep in those other alternatives, Vinicius hasn’t been given the opportunity. You are sitting there criticising Vinicius for scoring goals against shit teams, when that’s all he’s been given the opportunity to play against. I suggest you are the simpleton here mate and you’re Hugo Lloris analogy is proof of that. Bergwijn hasn’t been good enough, I don’t give a shit how you try to dress it up.

I don’t think you know much about football if you think the two players you are comparing play in the same position.

Stevie B is not a CF. He’s being asked to spend more time defending than attacking.

It’s so clear to see when you watch a game??

I don’t think you know much about football if you think the two players you are comparing play in the same position.

Stevie B is not a CF. He’s being asked to spend more time defending than attacking.

It’s so clear to see when you watch a game??

did I say that? When did I say they play in the same position? Mourinho has already come out and said he believes Vinicius can play up top with Kane and Son, so unless you think you know more than Mourinho? My point is that Vinicius is showing more in his little stints as an attacking force than Bergwijn is. Bergwijn has had plenty of opportunities and has flattered to deceive every single time. You can bleep on about his defending all you want, but when Bergwijn has had opportunities to score, he has blew his chance. Vinicius should get a run in the side.

did I say that? When did I say they play in the same position? Mourinho has already come out and said he believes Vinicius can play up top with Kane and Son, so unless you think you know more than Mourinho? My point is that Vinicius is showing more in his little stints as an attacking force than Bergwijn is. Bergwijn has had plenty of opportunities and has flattered to deceive every single time. You can bleep on about his defending all you want, but when Bergwijn has had opportunities to score, he has blew his chance. Vinicius should get a run in the side.
but he cannot because him nor harry cannot play wide forward the way Jose would like. It would work in a 442 with son dropping in the midfield then moves foward to support the attack

There’s goals in him. Also very alert. More of a classical striker than Kane, but I think that his Son and Harry can play together.

all three have good hold up play and run into pockets. They can raise all sorts of havoc on defences
Might be nice to see Vinny in the middle flanked by Kane and Son. Or maybe Vinny on the right instead of Stevie B and Lucas

did I say that? When did I say they play in the same position? Mourinho has already come out and said he believes Vinicius can play up top with Kane and Son, so unless you think you know more than Mourinho?

Show me that interview and the context he put it.

Stevie B has been mourinho’s preferred choice season to date in that position to Vinícius. That’s black and white fact.

So I’m not saying I know more than Jose......the exact opposite. I agree with him. You are the one saying Jose is getting his selection wrong. .

I have to say that it is a bit baffling not seeing Vinicius getting more EPL minutes. But his time will come. He surely has it in him.

I have to say that it is a bit baffling not seeing Vinicius getting more EPL minutes. But his time will come. He surely has it in him.

I think it’s two things.

The main one is position. Pretty sure Mourinho just sees him as a CF. So he’s limited to being behind Kane, Bale and Son in the pecking order.

2nd is physicality. He’s not that strong for an English CF so can only imagine they are pushing that part of his game and getting him in the gym as much as possible.

I didn’t realise how old he was either. If they decide to keep him then would hope he can kick on in his second season but he’s going to be 26 in March so I’m not sure if he’s a just a stop gap to let parrott get a bit older.

I think it’s two things.

The main one is position. Pretty sure Mourinho just sees him as a CF. So he’s limited to being behind Kane, Bale and Son in the pecking order.

2nd is physicality. He’s not that strong for an English CF so can only imagine they are pushing that part of his game and getting him in the gym as much as possible.

I didn’t realise how old he was either. If they decide to keep him then would hope he can kick on in his second season but he’s going to be 26 in March so I’m not sure if he’s a just a stop gap to let parrott get a bit older.

These are good points. And the good form of Kane and Son have not helped matters for him, I guess.

These are good points. And the good form of Kane and Son have not helped matters for him, I guess.

He’s doing well IMO. He’s covering the EL, could rest Kane and son the other day.

Maybe Jose will trust him against Wycombe??

Give Harry and sonny another nice break if he can do the business there.

Suspect this guy will endure the curse of llorente. Handful of games and mins on pitch, mainly in cup. As a result of lack of match sharpness will look fairly shit and will be mostly slated. However he might have a couple of legendary moments, possibly scuffing in a goal off his schlong or shouldering a pass to someone to score.

Llorente's situation was different, he was a proven player at the highest level and shouldn't have been ignored so much.

Vinicius has never played at this level and has to do a lot more to convince that he is ready. With all the cup games coming up he should be able to show what he can do against a more testing set of opponents than the dross we played in the EL (which he didn't do that well against). Like Bale, if he wants to play in the league he first has to stand out against lesser teams.

Back
Top Bottom